Wow. But not in a good way. Bad wow. This year kinda sucks. It's probably a very high standard this year, but the thing is, I don't like ballads.
More than half are ballads this year, and it's booorrring. They don't bring anything to the atmosphere of 'Eurovision'. I like up-tempo stuff, that tests the sound systems. But, I had a few favourites:
1. Iceland - Ég á Líf
Here is a song from that quintessentially European country, Georgia. I didn't like this to start with, and usually with songs I didn't like, I just skipped to the next. But I was busy doing something else so let it play to the end, and I'm so glad I did! It gets so much better half way through and turns into a… POWER BALLAD! It should sound awesome in Malmö Arena :D This is one of my absolute favourites.
4. Sweden - You
More than half are ballads this year, and it's booorrring. They don't bring anything to the atmosphere of 'Eurovision'. I like up-tempo stuff, that tests the sound systems. But, I had a few favourites:
1. Iceland - Ég á Líf
Yes, it's a bit ballad-y, but it's a nice song! And if you watch the video, it's a bit soppy and pathetic, but hopefully the guy in the video will be singing too haha.
2. Greece - Alcohol Is Free
I like this because I think they've combined traditional music with pop music. I'm going to feel really uncultured if that's not traditional Greek music. But look, here is an up-tempo song that is really enjoyable! My friend sent me this whilst I was in the supermarket, but it's inappropriate to play this on your phone around asda.
3. Georgia - Waterfall
3. Georgia - Waterfall
Here is a song from that quintessentially European country, Georgia. I didn't like this to start with, and usually with songs I didn't like, I just skipped to the next. But I was busy doing something else so let it play to the end, and I'm so glad I did! It gets so much better half way through and turns into a… POWER BALLAD! It should sound awesome in Malmö Arena :D This is one of my absolute favourites.
4. Sweden - You
I am not biased! This is genuinely my favourite! Once again, it's not a ballad and Robin is a really cool guy. I've heard this in Friends Arena in Stockholm before and it was awesome, so hopefully with bigger and better systems, it will overcome Malmö Arena :D And now, this is their awesome stage…
It looks amazing.
The weather also looks good! 22°c on Friday in Malmö doesn't sound bad at all…
Aside from that, yet still related to next weekend, I bought my little disposable cameras. Three of them. My brother walked into my room and I was just like, 'hi, welcome to Jessops' because that's kinda what it looked like hahaha. My friend said people would steal them, but what would people do with a £7.99 pre-paid disposable camera from Jessops. They can't exactly develop it themselves, and no other shop apart from Jessops will do it anyway, because they're pre-paid.
I still spend too much time in that shop. I got ASKED if I wanted the guy I know there to serve me. Asked. Haha, oh. Perhaps the whole world knows, like one of those secrets where everyone knows, but you don't think anyone else knows. And so everyone's keeping the secret from everyone who already knows.
Aside from my dream where cameras weren't working out, so Jessops sold cat food, we also talked about my nails, and everyone from Emmanuel, listen up. I was talking about how grey is an illegal colour, because it's not 'natural', to which he replied 'Every colour is natural. There isn't a single colour in the world you won't find in nature.' Deep, I know. I like it ;)
If a teacher tells you off for your nails, saying it's not a natural colour, think of something in nature which is that colour haha. Mine are currently grey… stones are grey. If you have green nails (don't know why you would, but), grass is green. And we all know the sky can be practically any colour. You can see where this is going.
And now you know why I like to spend so much time there hahaha.
So now I've just thought. I have nothing to wear for next weekend… :/ I'll have to just magic some clothes from somewhere…
Here is a picture of me taking a selfie haha. I love it.
Oh yeah, I was at the cattery at the weekend, alone! Customer service? Nailed it. I had to put two boarders into pens and I was awesome. There was also a really really fat cat, and I felt so bad for it. So I took a photo.
This doesn't really show how huge he was, but I got him to walk to me and it's legs were shaking then it lay down and started breathing really heavily. I thought I had killed it. Poor thing.
And then I walked THREE dogs! Or rather, three dogs walked me! I'm pretty small, so I think their combined weight was probably more than double me. But I succeeded, and it felt like an achievement.
| There is a nice little forest trail nearby and I love this section, because the trees are low and it's so pretty. |
| And I really like plantation rows hahaa |
| See! |
My brother smashed his iPhone, so I decided to turn a negative into a positive… :)
It looks awesome. Some of them were internal cracks, so the pen wouldn't go in them.
Jordanavia :)


No comments :
Post a Comment