And it was awesome. Here is what I did this weekend:
Friday we trained down to Stansted then planed over to Malmö. Wow. That's a 6 hour journey summed up in eleven words. Believe me, it was a lot of travelling.
Because I have no shame, I practically took a selfie every ten steps. It looks like it was just me going away, but I did infact have two friends with me haha.
When we got to Malmö, I took the canon out on a little trip, because I also happened to be taking my friends around Malmö too, since they had never been before and we got there early afternoon.
This picture is actually really sharp, when it's not being uploaded by TinyPic…
I took this at the bus stop on Amiralsgatan just outside of our apartment, and only looked at it when I got home. How low to the ground am I?! This was taken at eye level and the buildings look huge hahaha.
And finally I found the beloved chocolate milk. And from the packaging, I think I know why it was so hard to find haha. To those who don't read Swedish, that little prefix 'Skåne' is the name of the region Malmö is in. It is the southern most 'county' as such in Sweden that in many ways draws similarities to Cornwall. They kind of think of themselves as independent of Sweden, as in the country of Skåne haha. But if this chocolate milk is made by a company in Skåne, then it won't be available 300 miles north in Stockholm.
And so whilst walking around Malmö, I decided to leave one of my disposable cameras lying around. At first, I put it on a park bench, and tried to leave it there, but the street wasn't very busy and so I took it with me again to find somewhere busier.
Except there was a small problem. The film winder was really hard to turn and people might not have understood that it does in fact work, you just have to put some elbow grease into it. You had one job Jessops, and that was to make something that worked haha. Maybe it would have loosened as it went on, but who knows. I ended up putting this one on a concrete seat. When we went back the next day, it was gone, but who knows where?
Our second day started relatively late, as in, we went out for around 12pm. That's late, since last time I was in Sweden we woke up at 5am hahaha. We went to Malmö centre again, mainly around the Eurovision Village and Stortorget. Stortorget… the place I sat for 6 hours in 28°c to be able to be in the front row for RixFm haha.
It was beautiful weather on Saturday. I'm so glad it was nice for Eurovision, because if it wasn't, it would have been so miserable and boring, because we would have had to have found indoor places to go. I actually got sunburnt shoulders, because who takes suncream to Sweden?! I was ok though. It turned into a beautiful tan.
I must also say, that there were SO MANY SWEDES. So many young men with shorts and shirts on. Remember the list we made in the summer about how to be Swedish? Haha, THEY'RE BACK!
So by the time we had a good look around Malmö. We even went to a park that was really pretty too. and after leaving another disposable camera on a park bench, we headed home to get ready for the evening. May I just point out that I took no less than FIVE cameras with me to Sweden. I have the same opinion of myself as you have of me.
We got to the arena, and it's just as well I didn't take the canon, because when we got in there, there was a huge table of DSLR's just lined up hahaha. It was pretty sad to see them all just sitting there, but somehow funny haha.
Our old friend Henric the stage manager was stage manager for Eurovision too, and it somehow felt like a familiar face haha. He seems like such a nice person and it was nice to see that they kept a couple of Melodifestivalen crew to do Eurovision.
The arena obviously isn't that big, and even Melodifestivalen this year had a bigger audience capacity than Eurovision, which is a strange concept to understand haha. But still, the atmosphere was awesome, and just infront of us was a group of 6 or so guys who had matching t-shirts and feather boas etc. Your classic Eurovision fans, singing along to every song haha. And then just infront of us again were the married couple who danced to each song too hahaha.
Here are a few good shots of the arena:
Actually, the biggest cheers in the arena were for Denmark, Germany and obviously Sweden. I watched the actual show back when I got home and Cascada can't sing. She was pretty awful, and it's kinda hard to hear in the arena because the music overpowers the vocals when it's live.
Also, Bonnie was drunk haha. I liked her song, but she was all over the shop. Compared to her performances during the week, she did well to remember the words.
And Eric. Oh Eric. I know a few of his fans read this blog, but he should really stick to the music thing, because he is an awful host. One, his English isn't good enough to host an international television show, and two, his attitude is all wrong. Yes, we want someone young and cool, but not some little kid obsessed with hashtags. I mean, for all you sheltered viewers in the UK, just before he disappeared off screen, never to be seen at Eurovision ever again, he commented on Petra, followed by 'hashtag milf'. The BBC found this unacceptable and bleeped it out haha. I bet he got a right telling off. I hope he did, he needs to simmer doon. Danny would have done a much better job. Just sayin'.
I'm glad Denmark won. I did actually like their song, but only really discovered how good it was at the semi-finals, and so I had never written about it previously. But it's a really nice song, and it's only 30 minutes across the bridge to Denmark haha.
Still, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Iceland and Sweden were my favourites.
Eyþór from Iceland has a really nice voice. He was my favourite singer.
After Eurovision, we got the bus home, because I was dying. I managed to contract a dangerous foreign bug and my bones hurt. My bones in my face. It really hurt haha.
But I did buy a t-shirt and wore it home, like the saddest Eurovision fan you will ever know.
It's a nice t-shirt.
I also got a wristband. To prove at all times that I did go.
But it was a pretty awesome weekend, and I loved being in Malmö again. I think it's my favourite city in Sweden actually, just ahead of Stockholm.
I stayed home Monday, because I was still suffering from my foreign bug. And half way through the day, I got an email. It was an email from what seems like a very nice man who picked up my disposable camera! I'M GETTING A CAMERA BACK! He said that he didn't take the last photo, because it had already been taken, but he took the camera anyway so that it wouldn't get lost, and he was ready to send it back to me. Faith in humanity? Restored. He's sending me it back this week and I am going to RUN to Jessops to get it developed.
I have a theory though. That it was sitting on a park bench, and someone will have read the back of it, which said 'take a picture of yourself or your surroundings' and they would have looked around and took a picture of a nice looking building straight ahead of them, then set the camera down again. The next person is going to read the note, and look around for a nice looking building straight ahead of them and take a picture of it, then set it down again. And this is going to happen 27 times haha. I'm going to have 27 pictures of a Subway shop haha. Either that, or people will have abused the small amount of freedom they were given to 'take a picture of themselves or their surroundings'…
It's not as bad as it could be, the person I'm hoping is going to develop them knows me, and the situation, and they'll have my consent to develop everything on it haha. Oh wow, what am I doing, I don't want any nipple pictures…
But all of the acceptable photos I'm going to post on here, so if you're reading this because you took a picture, it'll appear on here soon, when I get the camera, and then the photos back.
Jordanavia :)
Friday we trained down to Stansted then planed over to Malmö. Wow. That's a 6 hour journey summed up in eleven words. Believe me, it was a lot of travelling.
Because I have no shame, I practically took a selfie every ten steps. It looks like it was just me going away, but I did infact have two friends with me haha.
When we got to Malmö, I took the canon out on a little trip, because I also happened to be taking my friends around Malmö too, since they had never been before and we got there early afternoon.
This picture is actually really sharp, when it's not being uploaded by TinyPic…
I took this at the bus stop on Amiralsgatan just outside of our apartment, and only looked at it when I got home. How low to the ground am I?! This was taken at eye level and the buildings look huge hahaha.
And finally I found the beloved chocolate milk. And from the packaging, I think I know why it was so hard to find haha. To those who don't read Swedish, that little prefix 'Skåne' is the name of the region Malmö is in. It is the southern most 'county' as such in Sweden that in many ways draws similarities to Cornwall. They kind of think of themselves as independent of Sweden, as in the country of Skåne haha. But if this chocolate milk is made by a company in Skåne, then it won't be available 300 miles north in Stockholm.
And so whilst walking around Malmö, I decided to leave one of my disposable cameras lying around. At first, I put it on a park bench, and tried to leave it there, but the street wasn't very busy and so I took it with me again to find somewhere busier.
![]() |
| Aww, how cute |
Except there was a small problem. The film winder was really hard to turn and people might not have understood that it does in fact work, you just have to put some elbow grease into it. You had one job Jessops, and that was to make something that worked haha. Maybe it would have loosened as it went on, but who knows. I ended up putting this one on a concrete seat. When we went back the next day, it was gone, but who knows where?
Our second day started relatively late, as in, we went out for around 12pm. That's late, since last time I was in Sweden we woke up at 5am hahaha. We went to Malmö centre again, mainly around the Eurovision Village and Stortorget. Stortorget… the place I sat for 6 hours in 28°c to be able to be in the front row for RixFm haha.
It was beautiful weather on Saturday. I'm so glad it was nice for Eurovision, because if it wasn't, it would have been so miserable and boring, because we would have had to have found indoor places to go. I actually got sunburnt shoulders, because who takes suncream to Sweden?! I was ok though. It turned into a beautiful tan.
I must also say, that there were SO MANY SWEDES. So many young men with shorts and shirts on. Remember the list we made in the summer about how to be Swedish? Haha, THEY'RE BACK!
So by the time we had a good look around Malmö. We even went to a park that was really pretty too. and after leaving another disposable camera on a park bench, we headed home to get ready for the evening. May I just point out that I took no less than FIVE cameras with me to Sweden. I have the same opinion of myself as you have of me.
![]() |
| Blue eyes? |
![]() |
| Hawt |
Our old friend Henric the stage manager was stage manager for Eurovision too, and it somehow felt like a familiar face haha. He seems like such a nice person and it was nice to see that they kept a couple of Melodifestivalen crew to do Eurovision.
The arena obviously isn't that big, and even Melodifestivalen this year had a bigger audience capacity than Eurovision, which is a strange concept to understand haha. But still, the atmosphere was awesome, and just infront of us was a group of 6 or so guys who had matching t-shirts and feather boas etc. Your classic Eurovision fans, singing along to every song haha. And then just infront of us again were the married couple who danced to each song too hahaha.
Here are a few good shots of the arena:
![]() |
![]() |
| Armenia |
![]() |
| Let's just add a selfie in there haha |
![]() |
| Ja, det där är tre ton konfetti. |
Actually, the biggest cheers in the arena were for Denmark, Germany and obviously Sweden. I watched the actual show back when I got home and Cascada can't sing. She was pretty awful, and it's kinda hard to hear in the arena because the music overpowers the vocals when it's live.
Also, Bonnie was drunk haha. I liked her song, but she was all over the shop. Compared to her performances during the week, she did well to remember the words.
And Eric. Oh Eric. I know a few of his fans read this blog, but he should really stick to the music thing, because he is an awful host. One, his English isn't good enough to host an international television show, and two, his attitude is all wrong. Yes, we want someone young and cool, but not some little kid obsessed with hashtags. I mean, for all you sheltered viewers in the UK, just before he disappeared off screen, never to be seen at Eurovision ever again, he commented on Petra, followed by 'hashtag milf'. The BBC found this unacceptable and bleeped it out haha. I bet he got a right telling off. I hope he did, he needs to simmer doon. Danny would have done a much better job. Just sayin'.
I'm glad Denmark won. I did actually like their song, but only really discovered how good it was at the semi-finals, and so I had never written about it previously. But it's a really nice song, and it's only 30 minutes across the bridge to Denmark haha.
Still, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Iceland and Sweden were my favourites.
Eyþór from Iceland has a really nice voice. He was my favourite singer.
After Eurovision, we got the bus home, because I was dying. I managed to contract a dangerous foreign bug and my bones hurt. My bones in my face. It really hurt haha.
But I did buy a t-shirt and wore it home, like the saddest Eurovision fan you will ever know.
![]() |
| Brown eyes? |
I also got a wristband. To prove at all times that I did go.
But it was a pretty awesome weekend, and I loved being in Malmö again. I think it's my favourite city in Sweden actually, just ahead of Stockholm.
I stayed home Monday, because I was still suffering from my foreign bug. And half way through the day, I got an email. It was an email from what seems like a very nice man who picked up my disposable camera! I'M GETTING A CAMERA BACK! He said that he didn't take the last photo, because it had already been taken, but he took the camera anyway so that it wouldn't get lost, and he was ready to send it back to me. Faith in humanity? Restored. He's sending me it back this week and I am going to RUN to Jessops to get it developed.
I have a theory though. That it was sitting on a park bench, and someone will have read the back of it, which said 'take a picture of yourself or your surroundings' and they would have looked around and took a picture of a nice looking building straight ahead of them, then set the camera down again. The next person is going to read the note, and look around for a nice looking building straight ahead of them and take a picture of it, then set it down again. And this is going to happen 27 times haha. I'm going to have 27 pictures of a Subway shop haha. Either that, or people will have abused the small amount of freedom they were given to 'take a picture of themselves or their surroundings'…
It's not as bad as it could be, the person I'm hoping is going to develop them knows me, and the situation, and they'll have my consent to develop everything on it haha. Oh wow, what am I doing, I don't want any nipple pictures…
But all of the acceptable photos I'm going to post on here, so if you're reading this because you took a picture, it'll appear on here soon, when I get the camera, and then the photos back.
Jordanavia :)














No comments :
Post a Comment