Thursday, 27 June 2013

Manchester & Prom

So from Monday until Tuesday, I was in Manchester. I got the train down on the Monday morning with two other people… buuuut, it was at like 6am, and I can't function as well as I'd like then, and I couldn't find my railcard. I needed it because I had discounted tickets and I could only find my old, expired railcard, so I took that in hope. The first ticket inspector came round and checked the tickets and I actually managed to get away with it, because he didn't see the date on my railcard being like, 24th April 2013. So I was safe, and I had gotten away with it, which is totally probably illegal. Schwarzfahrer. But then a second ticket inspector came round and inspected everyone's tickets again, which has never happened to me before. He spotted the date being expired, and charged me a £43 excess. Ouch. So near, yet so far :(

In Manchster I was working, doing the live twitter streams for a conference, so that all of the appropriate ones showed up on a screen. But I got there on Monday and set up all of the screens in all of the rooms.

I really like Manchester. It's a nice city. I've never been before and we had a little walk around and it seems quite nice :) Pleasantly surprised.

I went on a walk to buy a toothbrush, since I forgot that too


The view from our balcony where we were staying


Hi viz selfie… 
We took a walk around the exhibition hall when all of the stands were being built, and some people go all out. One company actually built practically a whole house, one was a coffee shop, one was a minigold course…

So we finished up at around 6 and went for dinner at an Italian restaurant. It was a pretty small restaurant but they jumped to the challenge when we said 'table for 13'.

Actually, here is a funny story. I know all of the people I was working with because it's my dad's company. When the people who had arrived on the Monday were getting the brief off my dad for the Tuesday, I looked up at one of the people sitting around the table, and I saw Ed Sheeran. He has brown hair, but he still looked like Ed Sheeran. One of my friends from school also works for my dad, and he was sitting next to me so I told him, and I told him to tell him he looked like Ed Sheeran, but when I wasn't there, because we all know the types of situation I get myself into when I tell people they look like famous people… But on the way back to the appartments, 'Ed' was walking infront of us, so we just decided to tell him there and then. He seemed pleased, however I'm not too sure, haha. But after that, I had made a new friend :)
On Tuesday, I kept giving him sweets, and because I was monitoring the twitter feeds, a tweet came through saying 'Big shout out to Jordan from the auditorium', but I thought maybe it was a speaker called Jordan or something like that, but he came back in the room and said 'did you get my tweet?'. I got a shout out. Yaaay.
Which started my new policy - sweets for tweets. If you tweet me nice things, I'll give you a sweet. It's only logical.


Empty room… Selfie time!

My retweets appeared on that screen

The finished exhibition hall



There was also a stand that was Swedish, and they had Plopp's on the table, and I really wanted one but I didn't get one haha. I had to explain to everyone what a Plopp was, and why I wanted a Plopp…


Train selfie. This was awkward because there was a woman sitting opposite me haha


And I had to go home early because I had prom. I tried to excess my ticket at the train station but apparently she couldn't, and it would be £60 for a new ticket, so the woman at the train station told me to buy a new railcard, because that would only be £30. So I had to get a new photo done, and a new railcard made at the train station haha, crazy.


But here was prom. I wasn't looking forward to it, but it was actually a really good night, if a little boring at times. But then it got considerably less boring after a double vodka and coke, and a dance to Gangnam Style hahaha.


Drunk already, I hadn't even gotten into the room…
My heels were absolutely killing.




There was a free pick n mix, so I got two bags, then realised I didn't really want pick n mix haha…


Our pirate bar tender hahaha


The official prom photo hahaha


Would anyone like to see any cat pictures? I have a few from last weekend…





My favourite cat called Bailey. He's so lovely and I'm going to be gutted when he gets rehomed haha.




Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment