Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Let's talk about Ed Sheeran

Why not?

I've recently just got massively back into him and his music after taking a short break because of Danny. Everything is because of Danny.

I think he's awesome. Sorry, I still think he's awesome, I've never thought he wasn't. He is just pure talent that cannot be replicated or copied. I mean sure, Danny, Norlie & KKV, Darin, Eric Saade - they're all good artists who can sing, and have some degree of songwriting ability, but they ain't no Ed Sheeran. There is just something about Ed's songs and style of singing that has the edge. I'd proudly say that he is the best live vocalist I'm aware of, and is also one of the best songwriters out there, for himself anyway, due to the quality of the lyrics, and the relevance they have for him himself. This is a kid that moved from sleepy Suffolk (represent!) to crazy London when he was 16 years old, and performed something like 312 gigs in a year. If you've never heard of any of his stuff, and you don't mind soppy, heartfelt acoustic songs, listen to Kiss Me (below), and really listen to his voice.
Proud to have seen him live.


Does it sound selfish if I said that I wish I knew him in person? He seems like a really cool, down to earth, 'canny' guy, and to be able to chat on with him would be really cool. If I could go back in time, you know how you get asked this question a lot… well if I could go back in time, I would go back to when Ed was doing his open mic nights etc in London when he was 17, 18 and make a point of seeing him after the show to tell him how awesome he was. Because I've been watching all of the old 2008 videos, and he used the loop pedal even then, and that's what really got me hooked in the first place. Then I'd follow him around London going to his open mic nights and help him on his way… somehow. But then at least then he'd be like, oh Jordan, she helped me out when I was just starting, and so I've known her since the beginning…
But like, that didn't happen, so noh8

I remember reading the newspaper once at my Grandma's though, and seeing his gig at the Cluny 2 in Newcastle advertised when he was doing that really small venue tour and thinking I should go, because it was only in a month or so's time from when I read it, but I didn't really have anyone to go with because I had only really just found him then. But it would have been a lot more relaxed and casual, and I could maybe have met him afterwards.

The other thing I wish is that RixFM 2012 was in 2013, and visa versa, because Ed was in LuleƄ or somewhere like that, doing a meet and greet too, so if 2012 had been 2013, I would have been there right now, and if this year was last year, I would also have been going. You see, kinda? I could have made him the sheeranasaurus and everything, and he would have been amazed, and I could have swapped it for one of his bracelets, and u see my problem with this.

I'm still going to make the sheeranasaurus, but like, how do you make a plush dinosaur?! A plush dinosaur with ginger hair and an orange hoodie? Project this summer for when I'm bored, definitely…

And if Ed comes back anywhere near Newcastle next year, I'm going.






Ok, so this part isn't about Ed, but if you're going to carry on reading, I'm going to carry on writing…

SUMMER. It's so warm, and it makes such a change. A pleasant change. I've come home from work (get me), and played in the garden until it got cold, which is awesome. My cats like to run around and 'play' with you too, so it's either tag, or a really bad game of hide and seek, where I hide behind blades of grass. Still, they enjoy it… unless they're doing it to pity me because they think I'm a bit stupid playing pointless games like that…

Oh look, an Ed Sheeran shirt…


Scooter innit

I had my hair in a fishtail braid, so it went all curly.

Back on da scoota in da hooood

The most pessimistic weather forecast in the world actually had a good weather report for once!

Made a daisy chain


BBQ lunch


And Fletcher got stung by a bee, and got the stinger stuck in his chin, bless him. He was crying and trying to get it out but it was propa stuck in his chin and it was probably really painful. I wouldn't know, I've never been stung by a bee or a wasp or anything… and come to think of it, rarely bitten by anything either, just Turkish spiders biting my feet… but no insects. Perhaps it's related…?

But anyway, Fletcher struggled and scratched me, but look at the face it made hahaha…

Slanty face!
Perhaps I've already talked about this, but I'd say 80% of my freckles appear in pairs. It's just by chance that the freckles I have, have another one really nearby. Lemme count… I've just done a really quick count, and I've found 10 pairs, absolutely no lie. Maybe I'll make a collage of them all hahaha… Or a prezi…
I've been trying to learn how to use Prezi recently because it's a super successor to powerpoint & keynote, and it looks really awesome. Haha, a 3D photo thingy of my body, zooming into each double freckle hahahaha… no.


Throwback Tuesday anyone?





Jordanavia :)


No comments :

Post a Comment