Friday, 2 August 2013

Visit ALL the shopping centres!

I got a text from my friend just out of the blue the other day asking if I wanted to go to the metrocentre the following day, just because. That is a good enough reason to go to the metrocentre, in my eyes…

We got the bus, but for the last time for a while, because my bus card has ran out. Yet another piece of my childhood has expired, because my card was supposed to be an under 18 card… but technically I'm still 18 until October. (WHICH WHUUUT, ISN'T VERY LONG AT ALL… :O ) But now I'll have to pay like £3.40 or something rediculous instead of 90p because I don't have a piece of plastic with me… I'm not made of money, go north east…

I'd like to call each of my metrocentre visits an adventure, but it's not really an adventure, because we kinda have a mapped out route, which involves going into Apple to take a picture and to see if our friend is in, the card shop to see a cute guy who thinks we totally fancy him, past EE to see a guy that looks nothing like Anton Ewald, then past Jessops for some reminiscing… or in Jessops if we're feeling brave… and then more often than not, classy McDonalds to get fat. Yay :D

Recognise this?

Took a selfie in Jessops, because I don't believe I have one of these…

Yes, we were brave, because we needed something from Jessops anywayz… I got charged £1.68 for some photo printing, which makes a change because I owe them like £5 for photo printing anyway…

You see?

Totes found my engagement ring in Primark… I mean, just look at it…




I have no shame when it comes to taking selfies… The trick is not to look at people who are looking, and just think to yourself that after you walk past them, you'll likely never see them ever again and they care less than half as much as you do…

And we've decided that we neeeed to bring Danny and Molly over, because Molly would love Primark, and Danny would love Jessops, because Danny look-a-like and because he likes to do his hobby so much these days.

Me doin my hobby
CRINGE.

Me and My Cam
CRINGE.

I mean, the guy has a sweet camera… Canon 5D Mark II is pretty nice (, but like, I don't think I've ever seen Danny with a DSLR before… like, when you say you're 'doin your hobby', how long has this been a hobby?
I'm not knocking a beginner, but a beginner trying to act all 'look at my very expensive camera that for the 5 minutes I've had it out the box, I like to take pictures with…' no. (saying that… 5DM2 has been discontinued, I do believe… so it's been sitting in a dusty box then…)
Plus I'm not knocking that lens either… camera bodies, you can get by with a mid-range body as a 'pro', so long as you have a half decent lens (and a considerable amount of skill). Canon 24 - 70mm f/2.8 L? Close to £2000. That's a half decent lens. He ain't messin around…


Anywayz… then the day after, it was Eldon Square. Yay. I'm not so keen on Eldon Square. I get lost. And if it's cold, then it's not so good. Plus, THERE IS NOONE THERE FOR ME…

We went to see Monsters University at the Gate, which was actually quite a good film. It is of course a prequel to Monsters Inc. so there is no Boo :( which I'm still in two minds about…
I was expecting more references to Monsters Inc., and perhaps there were some, but I haven't seen Monsters Inc. in like, 8 years so I can't really remember. Awesome films though. Once you've seen Monsters University you'll want to go and see Monsters Inc. again.
Once you get older too, and slightly more insight, (for me anyway) into the software used for animation, and the whole creative design genre of computing, you appreciate the way it's made much more than obviously, when you're a kid. There's the storyline, but then there's the craftsmanship. And Pixar certainly has the craftsmanship nailed, expectedly.


It rained. Badly.





And I've recently had a dilemma. All the money I have to my name is a £5 note and a pound coin, I'm litterally not even joking. I also have €30, which I'm planning on changing back to pounds soon to give me some breathing room. I have money in the bank too, but it's all tied up at the moment with birthday presents, and Norlie & KKV's album, which is where the problem lies…

This picture will disappear… sorry if you're reading this a year or two from now…

I haven't bought it yet, but it's available for pre-order on CDON, which I would usually get pre-orders from because Swedish artists have an ingenious way of selling physical CD's by signing the pre-orders. Like, such a simple idea that really doesn't happen in the UK. But I thought Kim would be too cool to sign CD covers, because it's not something he would do. So I asked Scandipop if they'd have it in their store, despite it not technically being 'Scandipop'. They said yes, at the same time I saw this Instagram picture:

He's not too cool!

With the caption being 'pre-order on CDON and get it signed!' Like, oh, I see. Next dilemma being pricing, between having it signed, and not, which turns out is only a few pounds…

THEN I saw the tracklisting. Only to find that I already have 6 of the 11 tracks on the album. They have produced 5 new songs to include on the album, and now I'm wondering if I'm sane buying 5 songs for €17…
But I want Kim's autographhhh… I'm probably paying €16 for that alone…



Men asså hur jäääävla snygg är Kim?! Jag kan inte… Varje gång på Instagram… Följ honom… eller bara kolla in på hans bilder och tänker shhiiiiittttttt… han är jääääävla snygg… men kom ihag… han är min Kim… Det finns ingen bättre skälen för att lära sig svenska än att säga 'oj, vad snygg du e…' till Kim…


I found a picture of Kim smiling today… I felt weird.


Anyone else feel uncomfortable looking at him smiling?



And in the very forefront of my life at the minute is the fact that I'm effectively buying a house. I'm moving into my own place at the end of this month or beginning of September and we've been looking at places recently. Today, we found a really nice one that felt like it could well be home. This is super duper exciting, and I actually don't feel scared about starting uni yet. Probably because it's not real yet, because I don't have my A-Level results until the 15th August… so that's a pretty scary date coming up. I desperately want my results to be decent, because there isn't really a plan B. If I don't get into uni, I have no plans whatsoever… I don't even have a job hahaha…



Jordanavia :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment