Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Living the double life

Not exactly, but occasionally this thing will happen where I won't blog for a while because I can't. These reasons vary on the spectrum of, I've been in bed literally all week to My life has turned really amazing but only I can know about it and therefore can't talk about it online. My absence is somewhere in between these two.

First of all, let us start last Friday, where if I hadn't mentioned before, I'd gone to a posh do. Actually, it was a charity dinner (I think…) at the Hilton called Divas and Diamonds. It's where loads of women try to out-style each other, basically and there are lots of dresses and hairdos and drinks. I had all three yaaaaay.

I just wore my prom dress… even though I did see a nice new one, no.

Selfie-ception haha. Did this on purpose


Steve & Karen from Metro Radio





I'll not discuss how we managed to consume so much alcohol, but for a small person like me, I consumed a lot of alcohol.
We got a welcome drink on arrival, of what I think was a half bottle of champagne. But unfortunately I drank that too quickly, and I was already drunk before I even sat down. Bad mistake. But even so we got our meals, which was a trio of salmon, which I'm not overly keen on. I ate it, but I mistakingly ate the nice one first, and the most horrible one last. Then beef I think, but it might have been lamb. And then sorbet… I think. The food was alright, and I ate it all apart from the sorbet, because it was like eating pure sugar.
But we had vodka, and I had too much. We sat at the back, and I think it was deliberate because R&B were operating the show, and so we deliberately sat next to them. But I kept getting called over, and then I sat down with another drink somehow… By the end I was dancing to Whitney Houston and songs I'd never heard of, and trying my absolute best not to fall over all of the chairs, which were set out in such a way to confuse a small, drunk, wobbly person. Anyway, by the end, the taxi was VERY bumpy and I was a yt victim. If you don't know what one of those is, good. Good luck looking it up too…

Next morning I was still drunk, somehow, so really Saturday didn't exist.


But I had an awesome night, and unfortunately didn't learn my lesson, because I'd do it all over again this weekend.



We went to ikea yesterday too. I was very happy to stay in bed all day, but my friend dragged me out to the metrocentre, and how does one refuse a trip to the metrocentre?! It simply isn't done. But then we went to ikea, because they sell hotdogs and toothbrush holders. Also bumped into a cool friend there, because I seem to do that everywhere I go. It's the strangest feeling when someone tells you they're in ikea and you're like no. freakin. way. me tooooooooooo!!

I saw two best friends from school in the train station the other week and had to have a group hug because it was a tiny bit emotional seeing them both for the first time since results day. Aww.

Found this hat though:





So I sent a picture to my auntie hahaha.



And I will never understand Ikea's marketing strategies. Because yes sure, this is authentic Swedish, but nobody has a clue what it says! I obviously know it says Sweden's most loved gingerbread!, but nobody else knows that haha. This will forever continue to confuse me…


Uni selfie to prove I was kind of doing work…

Rainbow in Rowlands Gill

Work selfie. I look beautiful.

Cute little baby seagull at Seahouses.
I had chips…



Oh! And we didn't win the bid to hold the Christmas party, which means our idea wasn't chosen. I thought I'd be a lot more upset over this, and whilst I'm disappointed, there's nothing I could have done because they just didn't like the concept, and they didn't feel our venue suited our concept. I'm actually kind of glad we didn't win because the amount of work I had to put in to being team leader of 5 people, I don't think I could have handled doing it for 15 people. I'm just taking a backseat on this one, and I'm going to do my part really well… even though it's finances. Damn you, business A-Level, why do you continue to haunt me?!

So now I'm waiting up to be sent the powerpoint through, because I appear to be USB keyholder now. Not sure how this happened, however the success of the next few weeks now rests on me turning up to lectures, which I'm not very good at doing on Monday afternoons…

And now I have to get back to being secretive, because this blog post has a gaping hole in it for me. To you guys it looks fine, but it's laughable at how empty it is for me.



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment