Merry belated Christmas, everyone. I hope yesterday's activities, celebrations and offerings brought a lot of joy to a lot of people. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's really honestly not about the presents. I'd rather have absolutely no presents at all if it meant I could keep my family and friends close, happy and healthy. So far, so good…
We need to back it up a little though, and avoid the elephant in the room, and the fact that this is the first blog post in just under a month. Soz leik. This blog has somewhat dropped in priority as I'm at work, uni, bed etc. But just so you know, I'm now 'on holiday' from uni until the 27th January. It's so worth £7800 a year, and I'm sitting at home home now, as my student flat lies dormant and paid for, until I go back. I probably won't end up staying at home home until the 27th… the small taste of freedom is just too sweet.
Here is a short presentation of a few things I've been up to in the last
month. Sorry…
 |
| Written on the desk at uni. Made me think… and I couldn't answer. |
These two pictures are from the beginning of December, when me and my friend suddenly realised that we had about 2 weeks to do two assignments. Without ever having done an assignment in our lives, we practically took the library's entire Events Management section home and set to work on a very bodged, make-believe essay about the links between tourism, hospitality and events. It was probably a load of crap, but it looked believable and I had a reference list and everything, so they can't complain. I did two of these, and the only way we could get through it was to order pizza multiple nights a week. To the point where the familiar delivery driver said 'are yous two joined at the hip?!'. No, sir. Simply joined by the unfortunate fate of having two assignements due in 24 hours.
 |
| Christmassy flat… |

Then, something really exciting happened. At the point of needing to hand our essays in the next day, there was a tidal surge along the east coats of the UK, and all of the rivers rose to an exceptionally high level at high tide. Because Panns Bank sits litterally on the river bank, we got a knock at the door by one of the accommodation guys saying, be prepared because we may need to evacuate Panns Bank. Like, how freakin exciting is that?! My friend was so excited she took her garlic bread out of the oven and threw it straight in the bin, and I had to put down my half finished pizza slice. They did actually evacuate the whole of Panns Bank, very nicely by setting the fire alarms off, and they took everyone over to the sports hall on the main campus. But because I don't actually live at Panns Bank, but the accommodation block just up the road, which is on higher ground, we both went to mine for a little while until they let everyone back into Panns, because there was no actual real risk of the river bursting it's banks. Still, exciting…

Then for work, we needed to buy 14 tins of Quality Street to give to clients. Yes, 14 tins, and oh the looks of the Byker residents was priceless.
But then I had to wrap them all. This isn't actually as fun as it looks, because they are an impossible shape. It took me like 3 and a half hours, and I only managed to do 12.
 |
| Selfie. Snapchat: jordanavia #justsayin |
 |
| Then took a trip to Fenwick's Christmas window. I've had my picture infront of this window for the last 3 years, and it's not going to stop because I'm 19. |
 |
| He's too big for all of our furniture. He actually needs a dog bed. |
 |
| Opening the cat's advent calendars… |
 |
| Look what Google does to photos if it thinks they're Christmassy! I have no idea how to take this effect off… |
 |
| Boo wore it too |
We went to next door's housewarming party. And it was actually a good 'party', despite not knowing anyone there. Si from the hairy bikers was there, obviously a friend of next door and my brother was almost completely starstruck from the moment he walked in hahaha.
He also gave his partner and her children a black permanent marker to draw all over the walls with, which was uncomfortable to watch at first as this permanent black line was drawn onto the cream painted wall, but apparently he was redecorating soon, so it was alright. Still, if I was given a black marker to draw on someone elses wall with, no way would I do it because it would be a case of 'I wasn't actually serious', as my sarcasm detector was once again way off.
 |
| Self-uy |
 |
| Google also does this to Christmas trees… |
 |
| Then it was Christmas eve… |
 |
And the Christmas pyjama fairy came!
My bedsheet is an absolute nightmare. Don't even talk to me about how bad it is. |
 |
| Christmas jammies! |
And then it was Christmas day. This year it was just a quiet day with the four of us, which has never really happened before since we've always had family round or been to Suffolk to see them. The 300 mile journey was spared this year, and we did Christmas by ourselves, in light of spending a long weekend together sometime in February, I think.
And for Christmas, I got an iPhone 5S, so from now on, all pictures will be taken with the 5S, which has a better front camera than the iPhone 4S has back camera. Unfortunately it's slightly faulty, in that the wifi connection is terrible so it may be time for a new one quite soon! :O
Behold, iPhone 5S quality: (after 15 minutes of trying to get Google+ to work…)
Wwwwoooowwwww… look how clear they are… I really am amazed, and my selfie game has just been upped.
I'll see you all again next month, when I finally get round to doing another one of these. Probably sooner now dat 5S camera is so good…
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment