Thursday, 2 January 2014

Happy 2014

I've taken to only blogging at key cultural events. But now we're in 2014, I hope everyone who's set themselves goals stick to them and that you make the very best you can of this new year.

2013 was tough, not going to lie. I've faced more battles than I've let on to, and still not ready to talk about them. People walked into my life, all over me, then walked out again, events were planned then never happened, friendships were lost and many tears were shed. Unfortunately some over nothing, and some over what I thought was important in life - turns out they're not. Many lessons learned.

But in contrast, despite being the worst year to date, it's also been the best. Melodifestivalen & Eurovision happened, we stalked pretty boys around the metrocentre for half the year, claiming they looked like Danny (have I mentioned KKV works in a shop there too…), prom, leaving school, I moved out (!), went to London and met McFly, and had an awesome time at uni learning more about myself than I have about Events Management. I've laughed until I can't breathe or see, and taken more selfies than I care to count.
I've met some absolutely amazing people that I really don't want to lose, ever. I truely believe it's been my friends who have made this year amazing, and will continue to do so next year. October onwards has been what's made this year what it is, and if we can just keep this momentum going, then, 2014 man, 2014 :)


Last weekend, 12 of us went to Nandos. Not my most favourite place in the world, but somewhere we'll all actually eat. Chicken though.



Back in the metrocentre yaaay :)


Bathroom selfieee

This was really strong…

My best friends
I said this on Sunday, that my uni friends are cool and pretty awesome people who I really get along with, but they'll never ever replace my school friends. I've seen it all with these guys and will continue to do so for many more years. I don't think I could ever sit down in Weatherspoons like this with my uni friends, no matter how long I've known them. I love them all so much, how soppy.

Alone in the metro after hours. 


selfieeeeeee :D
don't even care

Then, on Monday the scariest thing ever happened. I was just sitting in my bedroom on my phone, luckily without any music on. Then suddenly I just heard this pop or a bang and then the sound of water gushing. Our boiler quite often makes this noise when it's refilling, or whatever boilers do. But this noise went on a little longer than the boiler noise, and then I started to get worried, because it sounded like someone was running a bath. So I just ran downstairs and you could hear it from downstairs too, and I told my parents that I didn't know what that noise was, but it sounded scary and as if a pipe had popped in the airing cupboard, where the boiler was kept. So my dad ran upstairs, and as he did, water started pouring out of the kitchen ceiling out of the light fittings and it was just like an actual waterfall, because these weren't drips, these were torrents of water. I managed to fumble a bucket out of a cupboard but I didn't know which stream of water to catch hahaha. My mam tried to turn the water off at the mains, but it wouldn't turn fully off, whilst my dad was upstairs at the scene of the crime. Eventually we got the water off, but the torrents of water carried on pouring out of our kitchen ceiling, and when I went upstairs, it was actually the pipe to the hot water tap in my parent's en-suite that had simply just burst, as if someone had just turned the hot tap on full, all over the floor, for about 3 minutes. Terrified. Imagine what would have happened if that had happend at 10am whilst we were all out to work, school etc. On holiday for a week? The water would literally not have stopped, and it would eventually bring the ceiling down and start flooding out of the catflap and the doors. Scary man.
This was the pipe that just burst out of nowhere…


The force was so strong it split the rubber pipe inside and forced the metal casing apart and just destroyed it completely.

We fixed it. Yay.


Then it was New Year. We just went for an Indian, then watched the fireworks. Not a drop of alcohol in sight. We were meant to go to La Tasca but, Spanish food… hmm…




How mint is this picture?!



And then we went for a walk today. It was muddy and I was underprepared. And so with my only pair of shoes I brought home, I trudged through the mud, which actually got quite fun in the end, until this happened:




Well this didn't work…


Currently listening to Imagine Dragons' live free concert in New Orleans. They're cool guys. A 20 track album with 20 quality songs.

Along with The 1975, they're my two favourite bands at the minute. If you have me on Facebook you're most likely unindated with my Spotify updates. Sorry.



Also made some resolutions. Can't tell you them all, but amongst them include 'finish first year of uni' and 'visit Paris'. Paris though… I don't know why I'm so obsessed with Paris at the minute, but if you said to me 'hey wanna go to Paris right now?' I'd bite your hand off and love you forever. Desperate to go again, since I was like 14 the last time I was there, and it was only a school day trip. It's so pretty.





Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment