Sunday, 1 December 2013

Selfies with McFly

Bit of a bittersweet blog post… I'll get to the sad news later…

It's been so long since I've done one of these, but I guess to start where I left off, more award shows. Not very interesting if you don't attend them, or produce them, but they can be quite pretty to just look at:

I made that powerpoint.

Luckily I didn't have to stay until 2am for this one. Did the early shift instead, haha.


I kiss cats, eeeewwwww

Today, my eyes were blue.



Then for uni we had to go and sell some cakes to raise funds for our Christmas party. I've paid my £2.50 guestlist price but it's tomorrow, and I haven't even started my assignments due in for next week. I might have to seriously think about looking at doing them quite soon, because otherwise I fail. That probably wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'll try and last at least 1 year…

Such hipster cool
New profile pic bbz

But then I found out I was going to London, since R&B were producing an award show called the Animal Hero Awards, who had managed to book McFly to play a couple of songs… whut. Not missing this…



Where they managed to turn this:

Into this:



It looked pretty good.


You're probably reading this thinking, ooh McFly. Yes, they did soundcheck. Personal McFly concert…







This really is who it says it is. Brian May was in the same room as me. Brian May's coat touched me. I wish I was a bigger Queen fan, because that would have just been the end of my life there and then. By the way, he fluffs his hair up before he goes on stage hahaha.





Ok, so here's the McFly story. They had two people with them, who looked after the boys and then their instruments. They were there all day just working, then tuning the guitars and soundchecking them etc… I didn't manage to catch any of the boys after they did their soundcheck, even though Dougie walked straight past me, I guess I was just too nervous to call out his name to ask for a photo haha. Lame.
But then whilst the dinner was being served, Danny and Dougies guitar guy was just sitting backstage where we were operating from, and I just thought to myself, 'I'll just go up to him to talk and seeee… YOLO…' so I walked up to him and asked 'are the boys staying long after this?' and he just replied telling me that they weren't staying any longer than after they give out the award they were presenting. So I told him I wanted a photo with them, and that I was going to see McBusted in May, and a load of other things including why the hell I'm doing events management at uni, when I can learn any of the jobs anyone in that room had in around 2 months, and not 3 years… But he was really quite friendly and we had mint banter, and said that if I wanted a photo with the boys then I should just nab them either before they go on stage or after they come off, because they're not staying. And then it was time for them to come backstage to prepare for going on stage. And I waited like, 5 minutes before getting up again to walk up to him to ask if now was a good time for a photo and he was just like 'nah'. So I sat down again, disheartened.

Our view from backstage haha


But then after they performed their two songs (which were really good, I promise. They really can sing!) they were just hanging round backstage and the guitar guy came over and said 'now's your chance Jordan…' so I got up and went to Tom just before he was about to go and sit down again and said, 'Tom? Can I have a selfie?' and he was really nice and just said 'sure! I might smell like coffee though!' but like I care about that… and I took a cheeky selfie with Tom Fletcher from McFly. Win.




He's such a nice guy, so I said thank you and I thanked guitar guy too. Obviously didn't have a lot of time with him, but the photo tells a million words. He smiled to start with, but then pulled this face, and it's classic Tom.

So I went to London with one mission, and it was fulfilled. Great times.

Oxford Street

The Dyson reindeer, and little hairbrush rabbits…

Hi Joe & The Juice. Hi Danny.

I went out to buy lunch for the crew and could not find a Tesco or a Sainsburys anywhere! I searched around for about 20 minutes, but ended up finding a Greggs, in typical northern style. Except I was buying lunch for 8 people, so I practically cleared them out haha. People in London aren't as nice as they are up north, and this boy walked past me holding like 4 sandwiches and just said 'woooahhh' and walked out! I can't tell if it was malicious or sarcastic… but I just laughed, but noone in London 'just laughs…' :'(

London's air is manky as well. Didn't realise how dirty it was but you can actually see the smog in the air and it's like, eeww. I'm breathing that in… help.


Funny story. We were in a hotel called the Langham Hotel, which is 5*. I went to the toilet in this really post bathroom and went to wash my hands, and the soap smelled gorgeous, but then I was looking around for the handdryer and there wasn't one, or even any paper towels to dry my hands on. Until I looked down. There beneath the countertops were three piles of neat little hand towels. One took a hand towel, dried ones hands and popped the towel into the used towel bin. Like, how freakin posh is that?! I couldn't believe it. This kind of thing is unheard of in Newcastle. Personal hand towels?! Forget dyson hand dryers, this is where it's at. I ended up going to the toilet like 7 times, just so that I could wash my hands on a mini hand towel. You can tell I don't stay in 5* hotels…


Posh hotel selfie





Amanda Holden was the presenter too. She's pretty, I think :) and not a diva…


2am lift selfie. Such tired. Very wow.



And then I came home, with a cold. I'm obviously not strong enough to live in London with 9 million other people spreading germs. I blame the tube…



Got home to Jaxon who clearly missed me if he slept in my bed…


Way too close…



Keeping a space warm :)





Ok, now the sad news. We can't brush the fact that I hardly blog anymore under the carpet. This is true. I'm so busy trying to avoid uni, and now working Tuesdays (yussss…) and also until 2am one day a week a lot, it's hard to find time to actually sit and write down what I'm doing. I only ever started these for myself so that I can see what I was up to a year or two (or three soon!) years ago. So I mean, I'll blog as much as I can, but I like sleeping a lot more and I don't do that as much as I'd like to, so…
Follow me on twitter! I tweet lots of cool things now… jordanavia




Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment