Sunday, 11 May 2014

Careful what you wish for

How did I manage in the past to get multiple blog posts up in a week. I think once or twice I even did two a day. I don't feel any more bored than I was 2 years ago, I'm busier in fact, but I guess half the stuff I do isn't of anyone's interest, nevermind my own…

Before I explain the title, I just want to say this one thing. Have you ever cried for someone else? Similar to earlier this week, I read or heard something somewhere that crying is such a selfish act. You cry for yourself, because something / someone has hurt you or when someone dies because your life suffers because you've lost them. I'm not saying grief is a bad thing, because it's natural, and nothing natural is bad, but think how 'selfish' it is. Someone has lost their life and you cry because you will never see them again. This is starting to sound like I'm a really bad person, calling you out for grieving, but that's not where this is going. What I'm trying to say is that recently I cried for someone else. I cried for their situation, that had absolutely nothing to do with me at all. In terms of human nature, this is a strange concept to metacognate. It made me feel neither better nor worse about anything, but to physically show empathy towards a completely alien situation is weird, man.

That title. That title is because I'm feeling a lil lonely. I miss my friends from school, and laughing my face off at old jokes and what we used to do at school. Wow, there are some freakin weird things we used to do together, and I keep remembering the odd thing every now and again and sometimes wishing we could go and do it again, with the same people, at the same time in the same situation, or even just dream about it. I used to draw all of these stupid little drawings I still keep but they were just so funny at the time, and I practically had an art gallery in my blazer pocket. They all meant something and I can tell you the story behind each and every drawing I have. My RE book was just filled with cartoon strips of Bible stories that had to be drawn properly, with specifically NO stick people. All the people had to be drawn individually, and this took a lot of time when Jesus' 12 desciples were in every. single. scene.
Oh! And this one time me and my friend went 'on tour' around our technology classroom singing the one single we had. We sat in between everyone's friend group in the class, sang them a song, signed a few autographs then moved onto our next venue / friend group. What I would do to relive every single technology lesson we had… playing the sexual innuendo game with out principle when he said 'that's a big one!' and we practically dropped to the floor in hysterics.

So yeah, I miss my friends a lot. I miss a lot of people I refuse to call anything other than my best friend too. I essentially just miss everyone who is busy, whilst I'm not, and that hurts to have a conflicting schedule to everyone you want to see all the time.

But where this is going is, I put up this snapchat story yesterday:


And I thought it was nice. Nice colour palette going on there, with the pastels of the tshirt with my eyes being blue that day, and the desperate dark blonde contrasting the dyed blonde. (side note, thinking of accentuating the blonde even more by dipdying the ends again)
Except hardly anyone saw it. It was like, a slow snapchat day, where clearly very few snapchats were being sent or recieved by anyone, so noone clicked on it to check their stories. Anyway, only 9 people ended up seeing it. V poor effort.
Of course they last 24 hours, so 25 hours later I was having none of it and stuck it on twitter like 'notice me everyoneeee. look at meeeeee, hiii' and said something along the lines of 'add me on snapchat, I post pictures of my innermost feelings. jordanavia' with that picture.
To my utmost surprise, amazement and fright, PEOPLE ACTUALLY DID. I had girls saying 'ur so beautiful, I'm nt lesbian btw' and boys going 'your beautiful', 'you're cute', 'hi x' etc. That is SCARY, man. I DON'T like it. So yeah, careful what you wish for. I asked to be popular on snapchat, and now I am, I take it back. I don't want to be popular on snapchat anymore. Especially when it comes to that kind of thing. I like being called beautiful, don't get me wrong, who actually doesn't, but not by these 'boys'. If I like you, I'll tell you. Don't call us, we'll call you, sort of thing. I'm not scared.
But because I'm stupid, sure, if you want, add me on snapchat, jordanavia. I'll add you no matter what. If it turns out I am not fulfilled by snapchatting you, I'll just not.

I'm also tumblr famous now after I posted a The 1975 related picture, and got like 50 notes. Tumblr fame, yeah man.



However, because I've already started this blog post, I'll use it to talk about Eurovision, instead of posting THREE blog posts in a week. I enjoyed it. Missed the first semifinal but saw the second, but of course the final is always the best. I watched it with my family this year, which I've never done since I was little, since we usually all go to a friends to watch it…

2011

 We always do 'reaction' shots of each act. It sometimes gets a little out of hand…






But this year I didn't even take one selfie throughout! I should have had a drink or two and got my parents to take my reaction shot pictures.
However, since I have the playlist on from previous years, it definitely peaked in 2012…


I also watched the entire show from a technical perspective this year, which is really sad, but that's what you get when you get too involved in a technical production company your dad runs. Like, videos are no longer just 'played', they are ran through a media server. And, like, I know what a line array system is, and lots about lights, and too much other stuff which is technical. I've always said I want to work at Eurovision, and I still do, but I don't know what doing still. I don't want to be a sound engineer, or a lighting designer or anything like that ever, never mind just at eurovision. But I guess I'll do anything to get ahold of my own lanyard with my own photo that says 'crew'. They I can fulfil my lanyard obsession with the ultimate lanyard.

A bit like this one.

I feel like I point this out everytime I type anything ever, but I love lanyards. Lanyards and wristbands, for anyone who doesn't know me, are what keeps me going. The thought of having them to get in places other people can't, and for my own name to be printed on one, it's just a fantastic feeling. I don't care how sad that sounds, I just love lanyards.




Next doors dog can clearly hear mine and my brothers dog whistle experiment then…





Also went to an international tennis tournament in Jesmond. It was good tennis actually, I enjoyed it. The German guy won, but he was also complaining, in German, about how bad the weather is hahaha.



Here's another snapchat story. This one was more successful haha. I was going to a Christening for my best friends daughter. Exciting Sunday in church… I like my necklace though. I bought it like, 6 months ago for that infamous divas and diamonds dinner I went to and got mortal at, but ended up not wearing it because my dress didn't have the right neck for it #whitegirlstruggles

Some cretin screenshotted my snapchat story though, urgh what a lowlife… I don't even know him.


And one of my favourite things to do is sit and watch entire sets by my favourite bands / artists. I've watched several hours worth of The 1975 sets at various festivals and gigs, several times. Today I sat and watched Ed Sheeran's new set in Dublin he did a couple of days ago.


I'm soooooo glad I got tickets to see him at the arena in October. I'm unbelievably excited after I've been hearing a lot of his new material.



I also reccommend if you like Ed, and have an hour and a half free, to watch this:


It's from Dublin, and his grandma is there, and the crowd are relatively well behaved, and he sings both old and new songs and it's a great indication of what October will be like, just times it by 10 to fill the arena.

Listening to him sing Little Bird made me realise something, in that, there are lots of people in the world that can make me happy, and I'm going to seek them out, because life's to short to mope around for too long.


Oh, and I'm also obsessed with Emmelie de Forest's Rainmaker at the minute too. It's fabulous, and this years Eurovision song.
I like her hair too. I want to have hair like hers, because mine doesn't 'do' wavy because it's so heavy.



I have a feeling that tomorrow I am about to spend a lot more money again…


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment