After a few weeks of being so down, I guess I don't feel so down anymore. A combination of new clothes, beautiful weather and tubs of ice cream has made me think that I can substitute sugar and material posessions for emotions, and I'm ok with that. However, next week I'm hoping for a resolution for May.
Material posessions? That'll be because I can't stop buying clothes. Tried on a size 4 pair of shorts the other day though. Made the day a little better, not that I'm shallow or anything…
I finished uni though. I keep telling people I've quit, but then feeling bad and saying 'only until September'. I have though, because I had my one and only exam on Wednesday. It went fab, I think. I miss Emmanuel's rigid structure regarding exams and it just felt completely wrong to be able to talk in the hall in the minutes leading up to the exam. There were also NO marks on the exam, so I had no idea what it was marked out of. Was it out of 10? Or maybe 40? Was I meant to write one page or four pages? I treated it as an A-level though, and wrote about 2 and a half sides for each question, which I hope covers all eventualities. If I don't get a first, I'll be so mad.
Went to Wetherspoons for lunch, surprise surprise. I spend more hours in Wetherspoons than I care to admit too. If I'm not at home or at uni, I'm likely in a Wetherspoons somewhere.
 |
| Nice day in Scotia Quay. Gutted I've never been able to boat to uni :( |
 |
| Keeping the selfie game strong. |
Bought these shorts, but they're a bit… slutty. My bum actually hangs out of them, and there is no way I can wear these out anywhere, at least without tights. I really like them though, despite how short they really are.
Look how nice they are though. You can't see the full extent of their shortness here, but it's probably for the best.
Worked on Thursday. Standard.
Actually got to wear my work shirt for the first time ever though. I finally got it embroidered and I did actually have it the last time I worked, but the job was just so stressful I didn't even get a chance to get changed. Now I have it, I look very corporate.
 |
At 5 to 1, I'm not taking your shit, Apple. I don't know why it did this… |
 |
| Jax-art. |
 |
| It's too hot for cats, it's hilarious. |
Why are all my clothes so slutty. Apologies that this top is so see through. I ended up wearing a hoody over it when I went out anyway because how can I even be taken seriously if nobody is looking at my face…
Selfie with Charl tho.
I then went to the most indie gig I've ever been to with my friend. It was at Tanfield Railway and was actually part of a network of events being held to celebrate something or other. One of her brother's friends is in a band and that's sort of why we went, but it turns out Martin Longstaff from The Lake Poets was there, and I had no idea. I like him, I saw him when I was working at the culture awards and he was actually good enough for me to go away and look him up. I mentioned in a
previous post about his song Edinburgh, and he played it again and it felt very familiar. I do actually like his stuff, despite it being a tad depressing. I also really like North View, but I don't know how to listen to it since it's not on Spotify or YouTube.
But yeah, this gig was held in a railway shed. If I was to attend a more indie gig, it would have to be held in someone's front room.
 |
| Lilliput. These guys were actually quite good. |
 |
| Selfie with Martin. |
Then it was nice weather. I accidently didn't save one of my snapchat stories of some ice cream, but I ate some ice cream, and it was very indie.
 |
| Ew look how hairy my arm is. My arm is actually a lot more tanned than this now. Getting ahead of the game. |
Then today I went back to the cattery I used to work at. We actually got 5 of our 6 cats from there. I quit last year though because of uni and it was really nice to go back (with an offering of cat food) to see loads of different cats. I nearly cried at one point because someone 'swapped' one of their cats and brought back the rescue they had had for just 2 months, because he was spraying in the house. Poor little Bobby was hiding behind his bed crying, because when you're a cat and you suddently get taken back to somewhere unfamiliar with a load of other cats and your owners leave you, you don't know what's happening, and you just cry. It was pretty sad, and I couldn't carry on looking at him. So I found a friendly friend instead.
 |
| I love this hahahhaa |
 |
| How adorable |
Did well and didn't bring any home. However, since I'm moving out next year… I wonder if my new flat will allow pets…
Next week I'm in charge of my department at work. I am actually going to be responsible for something other than myself, and the success of the event depends on me getting my shit together.
I'm also at McBusted next week, which the opposite of indie. But I make up for it, by going to another gig on Friday almost purely for the support act. I can't help myself. #indy
 |
| Me at the festivals |
No comments :
Post a Comment