Can I first just say, that I'm perhaps a little late to the party, but I'm really enjoying Ola's Carelessly Yours album at the moment. Of course, it's not on Spotify, because could you imagine that?! I think I've unfortunately exhausted Human, but One Day I think is my new fav. You can listen to it on YouTube here:
I've also got a new MacBook! Last November sometime I think, I was criticised for the unacceptable slowness of my old mac, which was actually, truthfully, painfully slow. It's mid-2009 so it's coming up 5 years old this year, which in computer terms is actually quite old. It just couldn't handle all of the updates, and despite reinstalling the OS and completely decluttering it, it still just couldn't keep up. So with my hard-earned cash, for working many late-night award shows etc, I bought my own new MacBook Pro 13'' Retina, with all the updates like i7 and extra something or other to make it faster. I am actually quite a technical person, and I do know what I'm talking about, most of the time, but RAM and processor speeds, and memory and all those GHz and things really confuse me. I've only really just learned about the relativity between kilobytes, megabytes and gigabytes. It's too maths-y.
But this new computer is fab. I can actually play videos on YouTube on 1080p without them lagging or the frame rate dropping to 1fps. Eeez so liiiight too, and everything actually works like it should… I'm such a tolerant person and I unknowingly settle for less than satisfactory operation of things like this.
Oh, and the battery actually lasts longer than an hour on this one too! I'm AMAZED at the length of the battery, despite it actually being the standard length of all batteries. I have a fault on the old one…
On Wednesday I went to see McBusted with my friend, which was actually amazing. I had a brilliant time, and even though I didn't know all of the songs, I didn't need too. The ones I did know made up for it, and EVERYONE knew the popular ones. One thing I really like about big gigs is when the band stop singing and playing and let the crowd sing back. McBusted did this for the majority of their songs and it was amazing to sing along with 10000 other people, the words to songs written 15 years ago.
They actually turned the show around in the middle of the set and played on a 'spaceship' in the middle of the arena, which was good for small people like me who were stuck directly behind that boyfriend who didn't want to be there. You know the one…
To break up the thrill of gigs, there was an award show. Woo.
Nah, award shows are good, when you're in good company. Practically laughed my way through this one.
| So cold. Was actually prepared to go to a gig dressed like this. |
Here's a bad story. Just last week me and my friend decided to go to a gig the following Friday, because Lisbon were supporting. Lisbon are a very small, unknown band from Whitley Bay in Newcastle who sing one song called Bluelove, which is a very 1975 inspired song. They seem like nice lads actually, and I do like Bluelove. I'm sort of following them to see if they release any more singles / EP's that are The 1975 inspired, because it's likely. They were supporting Frankie & the Heartstrings, who I knew about anyway. They're alright as a band I guess, even though I don't know a lot of their stuff. Saw them at the Culture Awards at the Sage, and I like the only two songs they have that aren't released, basically.
Why not, it was £8 for this gig, and we'd see two decent bands. Long story short, we get to Riverside to find that Lisbon pulled out. What. We're left surrounded by 'older' people who seem to be extremely passionate about Frankie's music. And I mean, extremely passionate. There were several people dancing on their own, and really going for it. I've never seen dancing like it. Strangest gig ever. Anyway, they sang the two songs they did at the Culture Awards and thus I am satisfied for another couple of months. Good gig though. £1 drinks at Riverside yeah maaannn.
Went to the Northumberland County show today too. There was a lot of mud.
So there was definitely something else I was meant to talk about here, but I can't remember what it is.
Certainly happier now. Never take very much I say seriously, but honestly the last few months have been horrible maaan. One thing after another, after another, after another, with more shit just getting piled on top of the old shit. We certainly crashed through the bottom of the happiness graph last month. I don't know why I saw 'we', you lot probably weren't any part of it. Everything will be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, then it's not the end. It's far from the end (partly because it's far from alright!). But time is definitely the best healer, and has gradually been sealing the wounds. Talking is a better healer than time, in my opinion, and there's still a lot left to say. I almost have queues of things I need to say to people in my head, and plan on saying it to them the next time I see them all, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Talking is scary, and 100 times more proactive than time. With time, you can sit back and do nothing whilst it does it's thing. Talking is more effective but more scary.
Aaaand, whilst writing that I also remembered, and then proceeded to forget exactly what I was going to say next.
The 1975 is at T in the Park this year, I had no idea. That means I'm definitely seeing them this year wuuuhuuu. 4 of my 6 provisional and confirmed festivals feature The 1975, and I'm buzzzzin. I probably won't get them all confirmed, but the fact that I'm seeing them at least once this year is good enough. Ed Sheeran is also there, so what more could you want?
Might also end up going back to Sweden this year for another RixFM festival. And also to see this hot piece of Swedish heaven. TMI.
This ladies and gentlemen, if you weren't already aware, is Kim Vadenhag. He will forever be the sexiest person alive whether you agree or not. Oh, your boyfriend? Nah don't lie you'd ditch your boyfriend in a heartbeat to be with Kim. I would. Actually he's on par with Matty Healy, even though Matty is subjective to taste…
Then there's Norlie, or Sonny. He doesn't so much 'bring the team down', but perhaps not appeal to so many as Kim does. Me and my friend have the debate whether you would take him if he was the last person on earth, and she'd rather be sick then die alone.
This blog post is I think, the shallowest blog post I've ever done. Remember girls, it's about the personality. He can have a six pack and the prettiest eyes (hi Kim), but if he would rather play football with his friends than come and be with you when you're sad, he ain't the one (bye Kim). He also ain't the one if he doesn't want chocolate cheesecake at the wedding. Remember that…
If he disrespects you in the street, kick him in the balls and steal his wallet. Don't let him touch you if you're angry with him and vice versa. Kick him in the balls and steal his wallet. Don't take no shit from noone. For every single boy who makes you happy, you have to understand that it's simply a fact that another boy will make you happier if he's in two minds about you. Never let him play you about, those other boys are out there… This has been, Relationship advice from someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
If he disrespects you in the street, kick him in the balls and steal his wallet. Don't let him touch you if you're angry with him and vice versa. Kick him in the balls and steal his wallet. Don't take no shit from noone. For every single boy who makes you happy, you have to understand that it's simply a fact that another boy will make you happier if he's in two minds about you. Never let him play you about, those other boys are out there… This has been, Relationship advice from someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
Jordanavia :)





No comments :
Post a Comment