Friday, 29 August 2014

So done with summer

So would you be if you'd been off since the middle of May…

I started university last year on the 16th September and finished on the 14th May. That gives us a total of 241 days. I do not return to uni until the 22nd September, which means I've had a 131 day holiday. That's just over half the time I've spent at uni, being off from uni. I am so unbeliiiiieevably done with being 'on holiday' now. I am almost wanting to do some work. I reckon the first week back at uni I will be absolutely buzzing to actually have to think about doing things again. I have 4 days a week at uni until Christmas, which will actually probably be just enough time to do things again, before I get bored of work and want a break, which is just as well, as I only have 2 days a week after Christmas. It's almost perfect. One thing I really am looking forward to next year is planning and delivering an award show in March. GUYS THIS IS WHAT I DO I DO AWARDS DINNERS GUYS PICK ME I WORK DOING AWARDS DINNERS THIS IS MY WORK! I am going to be absolute gold dust in the lead up to March, I just know it. I will be muy disappointed if we organise for a graphic operator to do some kind of on-screen presentation and I am not asked by work to do it. Sorry guys, I have to abandon you all to work at the event you've just organised… and get paid for it…

As well as being ready to go back to uni, I'm ready to go back to work. It's fairly quiet in the summer months for a measly graphic operator such as myself, so I was kindly awarded the summer essentially free. Sounds good on paper, but in practice my waking day is slowly shifting from 7am - 11pm to 12pm - 2am… I hate it. September will actually be a bit of a shock really…

I tried to write this post a few days ago when this happened:





It's real. Felt a little bit inspired by Amy from Sheppard…



I think blue hair is the new way forward. Don't everyone do it though, because then it won't be cool…

But then I ordered some purple hair dye too, so now it looks like this:


Kind of. It is turquoise and purple now, and it looks amazing. Snapchat doesn't do it justice. It's very corporate, may I add. Work will love me. Nah, it looks cool in a bun…

It is only semi-permanent so it won't last forever too, but it's a taste of what it could be like. I'd love to do all my hair turquoise but it's so much work to keep looking good and I'm in the wrong industry for blue hair hahaha.


Dem nachos

This is my new house :D I don't know why my lips are blue, it wasn't that cold

Rice pudding and smarties?

Talking to a friend at the minute and I'm regretting my uni course more and more the more I think about it. First year of uni did not live up to my uni expectations. I did meet a lot of cool people, but I didn't get on with my flat mates and didn't do half of the things uni students are meant to do. I kind of wish I just did a little bit better in my A levels and aimed a bit higher than events management at Sunderland university and gone to Newcastle or Northumbria instead. You know, a proper university. I do like events management, but I don't want to manage events in 2 years time, I don't know what I want to do. I want to be a bloody pilot, that's what I want to do, but I had to make the choice of dropping Physics when I was 16 years old. We'll see… I'll just carry on being a poor excuse for a university student for now haha…



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment