Monday, 29 September 2014

The 1975 gig (again!)

Falling deeper and deeper in love with this band. It's been about a year now since I heard of them and I just think they're fabulous. I'm not a crazy fangirl, I don't cry every time there is a shirtless picture of Matty, and I haven't lost my ability to 'even' over them. I just appreciate and respect them, which is a really old persons thing to say… Course I fancy Matty though, just look at him… ;)

Me and my friend went on a fairly cheap weekend to Manchester because these tickets have been booked since about June. It was luckily really nice weather, which is surprising for both Manchester and September. Saw the sights which is basically the Arndale Centre and Man Central, because we're studious events students going on field trips in our own time. Actually on Sunday we also went to Manchester Food and Drink Festival because it was a beautiful example of a pop-up event. These people who make this 'theory' up must be laughing…







We were just in front of control, so still fairly close to the stage. We probably could have got further forward but didn't fancy getting too squished and we're only small people anyway so everyone else would have been taller, even on a sloped floor. It's a struggle being 5' 4" and under :(

But it really was a fab gig. It always is. This is the third time I've seen them and obviously not the last. Matty is a proper showman. He knows exactly what he's doing. Wouldn't expect any different if they've been touring for 2 years straight, and gigging for the past 10.

Also, can someone please point me in the direction of Circa Waves' stage hand? He's cute.

Once again, I'd suggest you should get yourself to one of their gigs if you do actually like The 1975. There's plenty of them, but they won't tour forever. Everyone who goes is really nice, if not probably younger than you. They seem to be very popular with 14 year old girls… Not sure it was their intended demographic, but…

We are just behind George haha

Look how ready we were at 6:45pm…


hashtag no filter, wow doge


Bought a tour t-shirt, as usual, but I already had one from the last tour, so now I have two very similar t-shirts, but with different dates on the back. Also got a poster… from outside. It was £3. Sorry boys. But oh my goodness it's gorgeous. Managed to carry it all the way home, through Manchester the next day and home on the train. By the end of Sunday I literally hadn't put this rolled up tube down, and so it was known as baby Matty. Felt kind of attached to it, until we came to the realisation that for it to be baby Matty, his father was himself, which is a little weird…


So much, albeit unconventional, beauty…


Apart from that:

Not exactly the best picture, but this is my room :)

There is so much love on this sofa right now

Dani on the phone whilst trying to bowl… kids these days…

Was at work last Wednesday, and everyone probably knows I'm a graphic designer by job title, but actually when I'm on site I'm what's known as a presentation graphics operator. This means I am in charge of on-screen content throughout the event.
However Wednesday the speakers were doing their own PowerPoints, which was incredibly frustrating watching them struggle on, whilst I was operating sound. Sound? I've never operated sound in my life and suddenly I'm finding myself sitting in front of a sound desk and a receiver 'doing sound'. On my own. Crazy. This really isn't that big of a deal and I've written like, paragraphs on it. Thought I'd let you all know about my new ventures though.


This is our white cat haha. She'll never be white again :P 

Wife material. I made this…

Still at uni. Just. The only thing keeping me there at the minute is the fact that we get to plan an award show in March, which isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but I do that for a job and I think it's the biggest creative outlet I'll get at university, sadly. Who even gets excited over award shows though? I feel like if I can prove myself at this event in March, everything will be all good and it's a definite reassurance that I can do something. However today I was informed that they don't even know if they want to do a black-tie dinner, and want something completely different. So if that's the case, I'm unfortunately seriously doubting my time at university.

If you're reading this on Monday, Matty's on Never Mind the Buzzcocks at 10pm, js.

Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment