Monday, 13 October 2014

Autumn in England

Autumn in England is my absolute favourite time of year. The colours of the leaves, and the smell of the air and the lighting all just make it perfect. I like the cold too, and it's always a nice temperature to walk in. None of this too hot in the sun, too cold in the shade business.

The other day we went looking for conkers, which is as English as it sounds. Conkers is such a British word haha. The trees next to all the kids never has any around it, so we had to venture further afield to a less-loved conker tree.

Horse chestnuts for anyone normal


Birthday interlude:
It was my birthday on the 2nd October. Shame on you if you're my friend and you missed it. I know… Very low key birthday this year, because 20 is a very low key age. Cannot even tell you how many people have said 'ooh, not a teenager anymore' to me. Not sure if it's nice to be a fully-fledged adult yet. You don't move very far up in the world going from 19 to 20…


This was before my birthday actually, when I got kicked out of Wetherspoons for not having any ID. So unfair. I'd already had a drink though, and two vodkas before that too, so was trying to get the guy to accept a picture of my ID on my phone hahahaha. Wasn't going to work.




Various birthday cakes. Cheers to my friend Tez for the minion cake haha. Always slightly moved by gestures like that, since nobody else bothered to do anything like that for me. My mam made the top one though haha :) love a good chocolate cake


Temporary art

I was actually working on my birthday, hence why it was so low key. Yet another pretty award show.



Can you believe though that I haven't done an award show since May? I can't believe it. How can it have been so long?!

Snapchatting during dinner whuut


And you know what, this was my birthday night out a week after my birthday and I didn't ONCE get asked for any ID. Typical…

Amaretto and brownie heaven



I feel like I must explain this snapchat that said 'Future husband and wife'. He is my future husband because of our agreement to get married should neither of us be involved in a serious relationship by the time we're 35. (This was actually to undercut a previous offer of 39.) We both know the deal, it's an official, serious thaaaang. But not for 15 years yet… so there.

Had a fab time but turns out Bakewellbombs are no longer on The Mile Castle's menu. Sad sad. Don't know if all Wetherspoons have done this but The Mile Castle definitely has. However, should you be friendly enough to the barman, and ask him if they still do them, ye shall finde that they do! It's still on the till AND it's still 3 for £5, which is all of my dreams come true at once. Guize, this is like the secret menu at Starbucks! It's a real, genuine thing at Wetherspoons; they actually have a secret menu. 


It was a beautiful day on Friday. There was literally no wind at all, and the reflection in the Tyne was strong. So strong, if you look at my Instagram picture, (jordanavia #js) it's actually upside down.



View from the bathroom whaaat… I can see where I work!

Did a lunchtime award show on the top floor of the Baltic. Because it was so warm outside, and the top floor of the Baltic is basically just windows, it was like a greenhouse up there. It was a standing event. They served prosecco before anyone had eaten. Let's put two and two together. Yep, someone fainted. Bless them, how awkward. Just before the first winner was announced too. Good thing I didn't get too trigger happy or those who didn't faint would have known who won! Deja vu of last week, ahem… :(


Then I went home for the weekend, and I'm telling myself it wasn't for my cat's birthday…

Sunday was such a nice day, it would have been so sad to have wasted it, especially since I love autumn so much. So I went on a walk down an old trail I used to go on as a kid. I don't think I've been down there that many times, but I know my way around the woods down there. It's all changed so much though. I mean, it changes every time I go down there, so I don't know why I get so upset every time I go down there and something else is changed, it happens every time. 
But I took some nice photos down there. Don't be deceived though…  Lightroom is a powerful tool.






For the 50 photos I took, here are the only 4 good ones. Kind of disappointing from the photo side of things. I need to wait until the leaves are browner, but I'm not sure the type of forrest it is, if the leaves even go brown on most trees…

Took this selfie too…
Didn't see a soul the entire time I was down there. Actually, when you're completely alone with absolutely nobody around, it's kind of nice. It's weird, because I don't remember the last time I was completely alone, especially outside, but it's nice. It's quiet, and peaceful, and there is nothing else that matters apart from using your eyes to look at the colours, and your nose to smell the smells. I need to get down there more often, because it's so nice. 
Funny story though. As I was on my way back home something big moved in the bushes next to me. Luckily there was a very small pass in the trees to get back into the wood there, and I went to see what it was. I sat and was quiet for about 15 minutes but nothing reappeared. But on my way out, I heard voices, and saw two people go and stand next to the gate I needed to get out of. How awkward. I needed to re-emerge from this forrest before their dogs sniffed me out, or they saw this blue-haired body in the trees and called 999. Luckily they were very nice people and because I had a camera, it didn't look too weird, but maaan, it felt weird hahaha. 


I'll end on this:


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment