Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Autumn in… Scotland!

Well, it's only taken me an hour to actually start this…

We'll start by saying that I got a new dress, which I thought I'd just take a picture of. I think I like it more because I got it next day delivery, and I don't get anything next day delivery.

Excuse my face, this is a wide angle lens haha

This is definitely the tightest piece of clothing I own. I'll likely wear it at Christmas, but it was only £15 from Boohoo, so…



Then we went to Scotland. Actually, I think this is the first time I've ever been to Scotland when it hasn't involved going to the airport to fly to Sweden. Scotland is a nice place actually. Wouldn't live there, but it's nice to visit.

This was our beautiful house.

And our equally as beautiful view.


These houses are the Highland Perthshire Lodges and there are probably about 12 of them on the loch, overlooking the hills. Little goats and deer and also highland cattle were on these hills and if it was a nice day, it would be gorgeous to just sit on the decking all day just watching the animals.

The main reason we were in Scotland though was to visit a little place called Killiecrankie which is just a short drive from Pitlochry. As I was waiting for my dad in the hospital, I was reading the National Geographic magazine and there was a feature in there about this little place and I thought it looked really pretty. So, why not visit? So we did, and it was gorgeous :D

Just look at the colours




It really was very pretty. I'd recommend anyone to go. I don't know what it will be like in the other seasons but I'd suggest going in Autumn!


Scottish banter



We went on a whiskey distillery tour at a small distillery that makes one of the hundreds of whiskies that go into the Famous Grouse whiskey. It was like being shown round the chocolate factory by Johnny Depp. He had an umbrella and everything! But then for the tasting session, I got ID'd :( how awkward. I know I don't look 25, but I don't look 17 man…had to go back to the car to get my ID so I could have the tiniest sip of whiskey hahaha. Still, whiskey is not the nicest. I'll stick to the amaretto…



Also got some glasses. I'm definitely not blind, and they're a fairly weak prescription, but they help a little! I look like a 26 year old teacher after getting home for the day.




I always think throughout the week that I'll blog about this, and about that, but when it actually comes to it, I always forget about what I am going to talk about. Usually something deep like how I keep having these existential crises in the middle of uni, and how I'm completely wasting my time and money sitting there, but wondering what else I would actually do.
Nearly ended up in Wales this week. Was so close, but didn't have to go. Wales seems like such a trek when you're in Newcastle. It's literally miles away. I guess everywhere is literally miles away though.

This week I'm back at that charity dinner that I went to last year, where I got really really drunk and was sick in the taxi. Luckily I'm not taking any vodka or nice boys this year so I won't even get half as drunk… hopefully. Then again, if I feel like drinking all of the alcohol, I will drink all of the alcohol. Including that half bottle of champagne and other peoples' wine…


And then Saturday is Ed Sheeran! I feel like that's come around really quickly all of a sudden. Absolutely gutted I'm not going to his book signing in Manchester though :( Would have loved to have met him!

I have a small sliver of hope for the next month though hahaha. You never know…


Bought this yesterday:

How cute?! It's never too early for these. October is reasonable…



Jordanavia :)


No comments :

Post a Comment