Sunday, 26 October 2014

Divas & Diamonds and Ed Sheeran

These blog titles are getting less and less creative, and more and more 'straight up'… bit like my life…
nah kidding haha


Firstly, Divas & Diamonds. Remember that night last year?  Well luckily I got invited back again this year haha. I had a good time again :) Didn't get half as drunk though, which I suppose is a good thing. I remember last year I had a couple of reasons to knock back half a bottle of vodka, including the fact that I had just done our group presentation for uni which was really daunting. To have had it out of the way was such a relief. I'm pretty sure I was the youngest there again…




We were so late getting back from the hairdressers I had like half an hour to get completely ready, which was obviously only about a third of the time I actually needed. Ended up doing my makeup in the taxi without a mirror hahaha. Had to do my eyes in the toilet, and even then I forgot my mascara ha.
I wish I had a better picture of my shoes, because I jazzed them up myself a little. I wasn't keen on the ribbon bows but I'm actually glad I stuck with them because they were quite cute with that dress.



Tried to take a selfie with the presentation I made but…


Won some shampoo, left it there, oops.




Because we were AV'ing the show, I could go behind control, but it's weird when you don't have a job to do, and you're just standing there all dressed up. I felt like 'the girlfriend' who gets to watch the show from control hahaha.
We left quite early actually, which was sad because I hadn't even finished the 6 drinks surrounding me hahaha. Felt very grown up not leaving blind drunk…


Then, Saturday, Ed Sheeran. I don't know how long I've had these tickets, but it's been a while! Definitely got them before May… aaaand looking back through old blog posts, it looks like it was January when we got tickets. As in, 10 months ago. And in two hours, it was all over. But obviously it was an amazing show. I actually quite like the support act, Saint Raymond now too.



But Ed. Aww Ed. I always come away from his shows completely awestruck and somehow happy to be as single as you can get, because after watching Ed Sheeran perform, you'll soon realise that no man can ever give you what Ed Sheeran could. Why would you want some kid off the street you met in a club when Ed Sheeran exists. This happens every time hahaha… Actually, apart from if you're ginger. I promise this isn't because of Ed. But gingers. There's something about gingers that I like and it's causing me to question who I even am. Like, what can be so attractive about blonde eyelashes hahaha, I couldn't tell you! Fell in love on the train a few months ago and can't get over it hahaha.








Feel gutted for the guy in charge of the media server & screens because one stopped working, and it's just a nightmare because it completely throws the entire show off balance when you're a screen down. It's hard to notice really because there're so many screens that can actually move, but I can just tell they'll be gutted haha.

The setlist was weird. Yes it was a tour for X, and of course he included some songs from +, but he included a lot of songs from +. I wish he'd have done Shirtsleeves and Even My Dad Does Sometimes from X, and maybe just one from the Loose Change EP. 'Ed's Choice' song in the middle of the set was Kiss Me, which I guess was ok, but it reminded me of the more intimate gig at the City Hall, where he told everyone that it was going to get deep, but it's going to be alright and I melted. It was fairly quiet in parts, and there was only one 'universal shush', but what do you expect when you're trying to keep 12000 people quiet at the same time? Of course there were no Wayfering Stranger songs haha. I just can't believe how similar he sounds live to what he does on recordings. That was the first thing that struck me at the City Hall, and even now he still sounds the same, and it's reassuring to know he can actually sing!
Sing. That song is infectious! I don't know any other artist that can cause multiple outbursts of a chorus after the gig has finished. About 4 or 5 times we ended up singing the 'woah oh oh…' line again in the foyer and even going down the road outside. Amazing really. 10/10 would recommend.


This isn't mine hahahaha

Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment