I wish… we'll get to that later.
First of all, would just like to say I've fiiiiinally gotten over what it was getting me down these last… 9 months. Wow, 9 months wasted. What a shame. Nevermind, I've struggled out of that and now feel like this woman:
Bit sad really though, because at the same time you feel like this woman, you also think to yourself, how could I have been so blind?
Back though, and thankfully back to work too, which has definitely helped with the whole 'focus' thing. I hate having too much time to myself. Any time I do get to myself, I like to use a lot of it sleeping, rather than thinking, because you start thinking yourself in circles, and end up over-thinking far too much. Luckily I get to work away from home, which keeps you so busy, but I like that.
I was expecting this post to be chronological but instead it's completely mixed up.
But anyway, last week my dad got cleared of cancer, effectively. I never blogged the fact that he had a brain tumour, but it's worth blogging the fact that it's all gone after almost a year of treatment.
This is what I was doing in Nottingham. Wasn't too bad if I'm honest. I did though, very luckily, manage to watch this conference all the way through no less than 3 times over 3 days! Because it was a staff conference it, they split it up so it was around 450 per day, but being crew, we had to be there every day.
I've also found I'm very good at holding up paddles for people who want to ask questions. I've spent 3 hours of my life holding a numbered paddle and a microphone, very slightly scared of the people who wanted to ask questions to the senior board.
Then things took a turn for the worse when I was mauled by a role of tape. It targeted my eyebrow but surprisingly (and slightly disappointingly hahaha) didn't bruise.
Ok, so yesterday my hair looked like this:
It was pretty much how it's always been for the last 6 months, with blue ends and terribly un-dyed roots that aren't even roots anymore; they're my entire hair. I am well aware that blue hair dye is nigh on impossible to remove, and to really get rid of it, you have to cut it out of your hair. Unfortunately, I don't want to cut my hair, so that's a no go. It's meant to only be semi-permanent dye too, but it's lasting longer than the permanent stuff.
I bought some colour remover yesterday, and also some dye and some peroxide, and set to work trying to scrub out the blue ends. It didn't really work, and my hair just smelt like sulphur. So the dye I bought was dark blonde colour. I only ever buy one box because I just get as far down my hair as I can, and then what doesn't manage to get dyed gets peroxided. Tried to dye the ends - didn't work. They went purple. Peroxided the bottom half, and now it looks like this:
So I guess somewhere along the line, something managed to get rid of the really bright bits of blue, but not all of it.
As with every time I dye my hair, I wish I never did and want to go back to what it was like before hahaha. I'll get used to it though…
I'm now busy every week for the next 9 weeks, and every other week for the next 13 or something. And that's only what I'm aware of this far in advance, which is rare. Love it though, wouldn't have it any other way at the minute.
I have my uni's awards ceremony on the 13th March, which is getting scarily close, and we're just about keeping on top of the work. There's a lot left to do though. Unfortunately (how many times have I said that this post?!) a lot of it is picking up the slack of work that's already been done, but not properly. There is the saying, if you want something doing, do it yourself. If I could clone myself 6 times and work with myself doing the entire thing, I would, and we'd get it all done, too.
Jordanavia
First of all, would just like to say I've fiiiiinally gotten over what it was getting me down these last… 9 months. Wow, 9 months wasted. What a shame. Nevermind, I've struggled out of that and now feel like this woman:
Bit sad really though, because at the same time you feel like this woman, you also think to yourself, how could I have been so blind?
Back though, and thankfully back to work too, which has definitely helped with the whole 'focus' thing. I hate having too much time to myself. Any time I do get to myself, I like to use a lot of it sleeping, rather than thinking, because you start thinking yourself in circles, and end up over-thinking far too much. Luckily I get to work away from home, which keeps you so busy, but I like that.
I was expecting this post to be chronological but instead it's completely mixed up.
But anyway, last week my dad got cleared of cancer, effectively. I never blogged the fact that he had a brain tumour, but it's worth blogging the fact that it's all gone after almost a year of treatment.
| Here's a load of cuties celebrating |
| Also got donuts for work… obvz best boss ever |
| Loves it |
| Not up to the blue story yet! Thought this looked v arty. |
![]() |
| In a lovely hotel in Nottingham. 100 times better than the travelodge we moved to for the last night… |
This is what I was doing in Nottingham. Wasn't too bad if I'm honest. I did though, very luckily, manage to watch this conference all the way through no less than 3 times over 3 days! Because it was a staff conference it, they split it up so it was around 450 per day, but being crew, we had to be there every day.
I've also found I'm very good at holding up paddles for people who want to ask questions. I've spent 3 hours of my life holding a numbered paddle and a microphone, very slightly scared of the people who wanted to ask questions to the senior board.
| Always in good company though… |
Then things took a turn for the worse when I was mauled by a role of tape. It targeted my eyebrow but surprisingly (and slightly disappointingly hahaha) didn't bruise.
| Doesn't look like a lot but that bump isn't usually there haha |
Then I came home to this welcome party:
| It was prettier than this. |
Ok, so yesterday my hair looked like this:
It was pretty much how it's always been for the last 6 months, with blue ends and terribly un-dyed roots that aren't even roots anymore; they're my entire hair. I am well aware that blue hair dye is nigh on impossible to remove, and to really get rid of it, you have to cut it out of your hair. Unfortunately, I don't want to cut my hair, so that's a no go. It's meant to only be semi-permanent dye too, but it's lasting longer than the permanent stuff.
I bought some colour remover yesterday, and also some dye and some peroxide, and set to work trying to scrub out the blue ends. It didn't really work, and my hair just smelt like sulphur. So the dye I bought was dark blonde colour. I only ever buy one box because I just get as far down my hair as I can, and then what doesn't manage to get dyed gets peroxided. Tried to dye the ends - didn't work. They went purple. Peroxided the bottom half, and now it looks like this:
So I guess somewhere along the line, something managed to get rid of the really bright bits of blue, but not all of it.
As with every time I dye my hair, I wish I never did and want to go back to what it was like before hahaha. I'll get used to it though…
I'm now busy every week for the next 9 weeks, and every other week for the next 13 or something. And that's only what I'm aware of this far in advance, which is rare. Love it though, wouldn't have it any other way at the minute.
I have my uni's awards ceremony on the 13th March, which is getting scarily close, and we're just about keeping on top of the work. There's a lot left to do though. Unfortunately (how many times have I said that this post?!) a lot of it is picking up the slack of work that's already been done, but not properly. There is the saying, if you want something doing, do it yourself. If I could clone myself 6 times and work with myself doing the entire thing, I would, and we'd get it all done, too.
Jordanavia


No comments :
Post a Comment