Oops, it's been a month since my last post. I always try and gather things to say, so it's not like, 'hi, this is what I did today, which isn't worth the time writing about it'. But then it's managed to get to a month later and I have faaaar too much racked up to say… Hold on, and read fast…
I cut my hair :(
I literally only cut the blue ends out, and it was probably about an inch and a half, two inches, so not that much, but it's so short! I don't know how it's managed to look so short, but I now kind of miss it being so long. I'm pretty sure this happens every time, but this time, I wish it was like the above pictures. I also really need to re-colour it, but I'm still too scared to go blonder because it goes yellow rather than blonde.
I always think I should take pictures of the clothes I buy, and post them on here, because despite not really knowing the first thing about fashion, I know what looks good. And ladies and gentlemen, my new obsession. Leggings. Leggings are so cool. Just look at these colours! I have a black pair too which I've had for a little while but been too scared (cold) to wear them out places. But now, try and stop me… Passion for fashion.
And these jeans, what a laugh. I really do have a fascination with colour, and you can categorise my life choices based on whether it was colourful, sparkly or soft. Not kidding. These jeans? Colourful, bought them. Haven't worn them out yet though, but I really really want to…
This is a long time coming. I am scared of having my photo taken in one of these little booths because I'm scared incase some little kid comes by and scares me by pulling the curtain thing back and screaming at me hahaha. Anyway, needed one doing for a new passport and eventually got round to getting one. Sat for 2 minutes going through the rules of what to do, what not to do etc, all the usual stuff. And when it was finally time to take the photograph, the voice suddenly changed and goes 'OK? Ready?! Here we go!' in the most camp voice you've ever heard, and as it counted down from 3 to 1, I was absolutely laughing my head off trying my best to compose myself for the picture being taken, but didn't manage. It took one like this, and this was even funnier than the camp voice, because this is supposed to be my serious passport picture and I'm trying my best not to wet myself giggling. Second attempt worked much better, but it still did that stupid voice haha. Nearly wasted £5 laughing at a machine.
And and and, do we remember when I lost that poster from my wall and I thought I was going insane / being robbed because it had totally vanished? Well turns out I found it. But I'm not as stupid as I thought I might have been, because it had craftily slid down the back of my drawers, down a gap the size of a grain of rice, and reached it's final, secretive resting place on the floor.
The poster sat to the left of those two Sheppard pictures, and somehow it had managed to get down the back of those drawers! I think I'm actually more confused than I was when it disappeared. Anyways though, I found it, and I'm not insane or being robbed. I did put it back up though, and a feeling of peace fell over the whole earth.
And after that I was off to London for 5 days! That's a long time to be in London, especially since I can't stand the place or the people. London is it's own country basically. Everything is different, and you can't expect anything to be the same as it is up north.
And things got a whole lot more exciting when we saw this:
This, everybody, is the touring train of the country. It's name is the New Measurement Train and it's a little bit 'I like trains' sad, but I saw this train about a month and a bit ago pulling out of Newcastle and it turns out it's actually a pretty cool train. I shan't bore you with my amazing train facts, but this train tours the UK looking at the tracks, sleepers, joins, everything in HD at 125mph. And considering it's constantly on the move throughout the mainline UK lines, it's pretty special to have seen it in York on our way to London. I'll be quiet about my trains now.
In London, it was the ICSC Conference. I've promoted myself to vision operator in my mind now.
A long story short, I had to be at the venue at 6:30am, and considering our venue was the Westminster Plaza Hotel, it was directly opposite Big Ben. It was a welcome site at 6:30am to see London so quiet and still, and lit with the morning golden hour light.
And by the second day, I considered myself important enough to wear not one, not two, but three lanyards. My ego was through the roof. I did actually need all of them too, until what was attached to the end of one of them went walkabouts. Nevermind, I'll just continue to wear the lanyard anyway.
And so by the 4th day, I was sent to forage for my tea in Westminster. Turns out Westminster is not the eating quarter of London, and to find a suitable place to eat is a mission and a half. Ended up in McDonalds of all places haha.
But look, it's Big Ben! It chimes like how it chimes on the news! Yes, I really am that northern. I did know that the chime on the news was Big Ben, but guys, it sounds exactly the same. This should be a series. A northerner discovers London.
We did though, go and see the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime on stage though. It was amazing. I was apprehensive because it wasn't a musical, and I was really really hoping that for £65 it was going to be half decent, and I really wasn't disappointed. The acting in it is very good, and if you've read the book, like me, then you'll notice the very clever referencing and also the implicit hinting towards what was probably explicitly mentioned in the book. I can't remember, it was about 10 years since I read the book. But no, it was also projection mapped, so the staging was very good too. I also got a badge because my name is a prime number name. It was a task to see if your name was a prime number name before the show started, and if it was, you could collect a badge. I tried Jordan and Jordan Crerar, but it wasn't. But then my full name, Jordan Avia Louise Crerar, turns out adds up to 239, which is in fact a prime number! I have a lovely little orange badge for it now though :) well pleased.
Go and see it. I'm pretty sure I say that about every show I see, but really, go and see this one. Next up, The Book of Mormon :)
London was fairly grim as a whole though, but when you get back to this little guy, suddenly it all seemed worth it:
And the weather was nice too. My mam pointed out on our way home 'look there's all your sons'. And it took me a second to work out that she was referring to the dandelions on the side of the road.
I have mentioned perhaps once or twice that I'd like to call my son Dandelion haha. I bet he'll be glad whenif he reads this back that I didn't have him when I was 19, because he would literally be called Dandelion.
And so I transitioned from floor -3 of a London hotel, to Hardwick Hall marquee. It's even worse going to work when the weather is this nice because the tent is so cold and dark and outside looks like that!
Business Awards final was a lot of fun though. We had a twitter display for during dinner and were monitoring the tweets coming in. Lane7 sponsored each table a selfie stick and there was a competition to see which table could take the best selfie. We tried it ourselves, minus a selfie stick.
That was day one.
Granted, Friday was a day off from the tent. Not everyone was so lucky. On the night time though I went to a gig. A Think Tank gig, which are always exciting. Think Tank own several small venues across the north east, including one right next to where we work in Hoults Yard. This gig however was about Digital, and it was a small dark sweaty little room, which is the perfect environment for little indie bands to thrive in. Drinks prices however, are another matter. I've been to a gig at another Think Tank venue, Riverside where I got a vodka and coke for £1. Digital, archers and lemonade, £6.70. No joke. My jaw almost hit the floor as the guy held up six fingers and my £5 note suddenly felt very lowly.
Aside from the astronomical drinks prices, the gig was pretty good.
He's a strange boy. I don't even know what his name is, but the hair! The hair is a completely separate identity! It was nice for the songs to sound the same live as they do recorded though. I'm fairly sure this is a standard thing for small bands who have made it on their own.
I do suggest, if you've never heard of them, to listen to Drink, Dance, Play. This is probably their most popular song, and is totally my kind of music, despite the band being a little bit too Bastille for me.
Saturday, you guessed it, back in the tent. This time, however, it was a Frozen sing-a-long. I really did get paid for watching Frozen on a Saturday afternoon.
I have never seen so many Elsa's in the same room, it was the cutest day ever. There were also some little Olaf's and Kristoff's too, which was adorable.
They had live actors on stage acting out parts of the film too, which added something to it. Strange kind of day, but a welcome change to corporate award shows haha.
Day threeeeee, ladies day. I cannot cope, I hate ladies.
I'd like to say it started out civilised but when the host, Tess Tickle called for six chosen ladies to play a 'supermarket sweep' style game, it clearly didn't start out civilised. The first item to collect from the audience was a bra, the second, a condom. So there, ladies day.
The whole thing kicked off at 12pm, and by 5pm, it was Jake Quickenden's turn on stage. Women apparently go wild for him. He did a photo op and literally about 800 women wanted their photo with him.
And by 6pm? They were all dancing on tables next to naked flames. It was the stuff my nightmares are made from. I hated each and every one of them.
And so I finally escaped the tent. The tent of dreams as it seems to be monikered.
In other news, I have smashed a personal record, and written a 3000 word essay in just one day. I am immensely proud of myself. This means I have about an hours worth of work to do tiding up two essays for submission on the 6th May, and then I am done uni until the very end of September. How cool is that?! Just over 5 months on holiday. It's totally not right, and a complete waste of my money, but at the same time, it's bliss. It means I can work a little bit more to pay off my extortionate rent bills I'll have to pay soon. Because yes, I'm moving, again! But this time it's a professional property rather than a student house. This sounds good on paper, but in reality it just means you pay a lot more, and have to buy everything yourself. So I need to work all da tym to afford my expensive taste in bedside tables and cutlery.
Jordanavia :)
| Jesmond Dene. I always really like pictures like this :) |
I cut my hair :(
I literally only cut the blue ends out, and it was probably about an inch and a half, two inches, so not that much, but it's so short! I don't know how it's managed to look so short, but I now kind of miss it being so long. I'm pretty sure this happens every time, but this time, I wish it was like the above pictures. I also really need to re-colour it, but I'm still too scared to go blonder because it goes yellow rather than blonde.
| This is even weirder in black and white |
| He likes to watch |
I always think I should take pictures of the clothes I buy, and post them on here, because despite not really knowing the first thing about fashion, I know what looks good. And ladies and gentlemen, my new obsession. Leggings. Leggings are so cool. Just look at these colours! I have a black pair too which I've had for a little while but been too scared (cold) to wear them out places. But now, try and stop me… Passion for fashion.
And these jeans, what a laugh. I really do have a fascination with colour, and you can categorise my life choices based on whether it was colourful, sparkly or soft. Not kidding. These jeans? Colourful, bought them. Haven't worn them out yet though, but I really really want to…
| Great news. Snapchat now supports my selfie stick. Add me for gr8 times jordanavia |
This is a long time coming. I am scared of having my photo taken in one of these little booths because I'm scared incase some little kid comes by and scares me by pulling the curtain thing back and screaming at me hahaha. Anyway, needed one doing for a new passport and eventually got round to getting one. Sat for 2 minutes going through the rules of what to do, what not to do etc, all the usual stuff. And when it was finally time to take the photograph, the voice suddenly changed and goes 'OK? Ready?! Here we go!' in the most camp voice you've ever heard, and as it counted down from 3 to 1, I was absolutely laughing my head off trying my best to compose myself for the picture being taken, but didn't manage. It took one like this, and this was even funnier than the camp voice, because this is supposed to be my serious passport picture and I'm trying my best not to wet myself giggling. Second attempt worked much better, but it still did that stupid voice haha. Nearly wasted £5 laughing at a machine.
And and and, do we remember when I lost that poster from my wall and I thought I was going insane / being robbed because it had totally vanished? Well turns out I found it. But I'm not as stupid as I thought I might have been, because it had craftily slid down the back of my drawers, down a gap the size of a grain of rice, and reached it's final, secretive resting place on the floor.
The poster sat to the left of those two Sheppard pictures, and somehow it had managed to get down the back of those drawers! I think I'm actually more confused than I was when it disappeared. Anyways though, I found it, and I'm not insane or being robbed. I did put it back up though, and a feeling of peace fell over the whole earth.
| Desperate for a bath |
And things got a whole lot more exciting when we saw this:
This, everybody, is the touring train of the country. It's name is the New Measurement Train and it's a little bit 'I like trains' sad, but I saw this train about a month and a bit ago pulling out of Newcastle and it turns out it's actually a pretty cool train. I shan't bore you with my amazing train facts, but this train tours the UK looking at the tracks, sleepers, joins, everything in HD at 125mph. And considering it's constantly on the move throughout the mainline UK lines, it's pretty special to have seen it in York on our way to London. I'll be quiet about my trains now.
| This is more like my kind of train journey |
In London, it was the ICSC Conference. I've promoted myself to vision operator in my mind now.
A long story short, I had to be at the venue at 6:30am, and considering our venue was the Westminster Plaza Hotel, it was directly opposite Big Ben. It was a welcome site at 6:30am to see London so quiet and still, and lit with the morning golden hour light.
And by the second day, I considered myself important enough to wear not one, not two, but three lanyards. My ego was through the roof. I did actually need all of them too, until what was attached to the end of one of them went walkabouts. Nevermind, I'll just continue to wear the lanyard anyway.
| Strangest awards show ever. Never want to do another one like this again haha. |
And so by the 4th day, I was sent to forage for my tea in Westminster. Turns out Westminster is not the eating quarter of London, and to find a suitable place to eat is a mission and a half. Ended up in McDonalds of all places haha.
But look, it's Big Ben! It chimes like how it chimes on the news! Yes, I really am that northern. I did know that the chime on the news was Big Ben, but guys, it sounds exactly the same. This should be a series. A northerner discovers London.
We did though, go and see the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime on stage though. It was amazing. I was apprehensive because it wasn't a musical, and I was really really hoping that for £65 it was going to be half decent, and I really wasn't disappointed. The acting in it is very good, and if you've read the book, like me, then you'll notice the very clever referencing and also the implicit hinting towards what was probably explicitly mentioned in the book. I can't remember, it was about 10 years since I read the book. But no, it was also projection mapped, so the staging was very good too. I also got a badge because my name is a prime number name. It was a task to see if your name was a prime number name before the show started, and if it was, you could collect a badge. I tried Jordan and Jordan Crerar, but it wasn't. But then my full name, Jordan Avia Louise Crerar, turns out adds up to 239, which is in fact a prime number! I have a lovely little orange badge for it now though :) well pleased.
Go and see it. I'm pretty sure I say that about every show I see, but really, go and see this one. Next up, The Book of Mormon :)
London was fairly grim as a whole though, but when you get back to this little guy, suddenly it all seemed worth it:
And the weather was nice too. My mam pointed out on our way home 'look there's all your sons'. And it took me a second to work out that she was referring to the dandelions on the side of the road.
I have mentioned perhaps once or twice that I'd like to call my son Dandelion haha. I bet he'll be glad when
And so I transitioned from floor -3 of a London hotel, to Hardwick Hall marquee. It's even worse going to work when the weather is this nice because the tent is so cold and dark and outside looks like that!
Business Awards final was a lot of fun though. We had a twitter display for during dinner and were monitoring the tweets coming in. Lane7 sponsored each table a selfie stick and there was a competition to see which table could take the best selfie. We tried it ourselves, minus a selfie stick.
That was day one.
Granted, Friday was a day off from the tent. Not everyone was so lucky. On the night time though I went to a gig. A Think Tank gig, which are always exciting. Think Tank own several small venues across the north east, including one right next to where we work in Hoults Yard. This gig however was about Digital, and it was a small dark sweaty little room, which is the perfect environment for little indie bands to thrive in. Drinks prices however, are another matter. I've been to a gig at another Think Tank venue, Riverside where I got a vodka and coke for £1. Digital, archers and lemonade, £6.70. No joke. My jaw almost hit the floor as the guy held up six fingers and my £5 note suddenly felt very lowly.
Aside from the astronomical drinks prices, the gig was pretty good.
He's a strange boy. I don't even know what his name is, but the hair! The hair is a completely separate identity! It was nice for the songs to sound the same live as they do recorded though. I'm fairly sure this is a standard thing for small bands who have made it on their own.
I do suggest, if you've never heard of them, to listen to Drink, Dance, Play. This is probably their most popular song, and is totally my kind of music, despite the band being a little bit too Bastille for me.
Saturday, you guessed it, back in the tent. This time, however, it was a Frozen sing-a-long. I really did get paid for watching Frozen on a Saturday afternoon.
I have never seen so many Elsa's in the same room, it was the cutest day ever. There were also some little Olaf's and Kristoff's too, which was adorable.
They had live actors on stage acting out parts of the film too, which added something to it. Strange kind of day, but a welcome change to corporate award shows haha.
Day threeeeee, ladies day. I cannot cope, I hate ladies.
I'd like to say it started out civilised but when the host, Tess Tickle called for six chosen ladies to play a 'supermarket sweep' style game, it clearly didn't start out civilised. The first item to collect from the audience was a bra, the second, a condom. So there, ladies day.
The whole thing kicked off at 12pm, and by 5pm, it was Jake Quickenden's turn on stage. Women apparently go wild for him. He did a photo op and literally about 800 women wanted their photo with him.
And by 6pm? They were all dancing on tables next to naked flames. It was the stuff my nightmares are made from. I hated each and every one of them.
| But we were having a good time. |
| bae |
And so I finally escaped the tent. The tent of dreams as it seems to be monikered.
In other news, I have smashed a personal record, and written a 3000 word essay in just one day. I am immensely proud of myself. This means I have about an hours worth of work to do tiding up two essays for submission on the 6th May, and then I am done uni until the very end of September. How cool is that?! Just over 5 months on holiday. It's totally not right, and a complete waste of my money, but at the same time, it's bliss. It means I can work a little bit more to pay off my extortionate rent bills I'll have to pay soon. Because yes, I'm moving, again! But this time it's a professional property rather than a student house. This sounds good on paper, but in reality it just means you pay a lot more, and have to buy everything yourself. So I need to work all da tym to afford my expensive taste in bedside tables and cutlery.
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment