Saturday, 16 May 2015

Third house, third year

I'm trying to tell myself I don't need wifi in my new place, but it's so difficult when you're doing stuff like this! So I'm sitting at home using the wifi here instead haha.

But first of all, I guess that's quite big news… I moved out! (again!)
This time it's not so far away, and it's not so grotty haha. It's actually a nice flat, that's pretty big, and it's in Ouseburn in Newcastle, which is literally 5 minutes from work. I'm still working on making my bedroom habitable, and I'm currently sleeping on a camp bed because my Premier Inn bed hasn't been delivered yet! Have I mentioned that?! I like sleeping in Premier Inns so much, I bought one of their beds. It's all legit! It's not a pre-owned bed from one up the road or anything haha, they do sell those specific beds to people who want them too. And I got one. They're Hypnos beds, and as far as I can tell, the brand of bed that the Queen uses. So I have the same bed as the Queen, so they must be pretty good!

I'll have a picture of my room when it's A, tidy and B, finished.

I like Premier Inns a lot. So much so, I might see if I can obtain a set of bedding from a local one. It's a bit ott, but considering how bad my bed was in Sunderland, I wasn't even prepared to accept a bed from my landlord because it could turn out to be of the same quality. Also kind of want one of these…


Anyway, aside from Premier Inns, here's my house:




And yes that is a giant mirror. It's enormous, and we're calling that space our dance studio because that's what it feels like standing in front of it. We also now have a dining table in our dance studio, which messes up the larger routines…

But we had a day of building flat pack furniture and I am now sick of allen keys and dowels. But we did good, and it looks a lot more like a home than Sunderland did.



My jeans all now stack like this in my new wardrobe, and I thought it was very artistic. I will make a cool instagram of it laaaater…

Student lyf
This cupboard is unfinished hahahaha. When I was putting everything in though, we started with 5 tins of beans haha


It was difficult to leave though, because this is who I had on the last night…

 

I really like it when he sleeps on my bed. Even though I sleep curled up at the top. He does move gradually further and further down the bed during the night though, and at about 4am, he wants out and I shove him out my window haha.



And when they come in like this and have to be wrapped up like a baby because they're cold and wet.


Some pretty lights



I look 12, but I actually quite like french plaits

Was a bit gutted how uncurly it was when I took them out :(

We all have a favourite t-shirt


And apart from Manchester:




That is all I have done for the last month.

Wish I had more time in Manchester. I always really like going there. Especially when there is a choice between places like London and Nottingham, I'd always choose Manchester.

Oh, and Alton Towers, I thought I had done something more exciting than just the above. I went to Alton Towers with a friend, and it was interesting. I was actually a little underwhelmed by the park this time round, and I don't know if it was just because I've already been once before, so I knew what to expect, or if it was the bad weather, or if it really was because the park felt very unloved. Despite it being fairly recently reopened for summer, not a lot of tlc seems to have taken place over the winter. I know rides break, but 3 of the big 6 had problems whilst we were there, and the live 'monster' actors from Nemesis Sub-Terra weren't there. It just seems to be falling apart slightly. Despite that, we managed to download some app, and it meant if you went on all of the Big 6 rides and scanned a code at the end of them, you could get a free entry wristband for November. So guess what we have! Only going because it's free, and even then, I might just go on the Smiler over and over again because it's undoubtedly the best ride there. It seems to be a very unstable and dangerous ride, and I wouldn't like to be their insurer. But it's cooool.


Looking dishevelled in the rain haha


Apart from moving in and all that, nothing exciting has been happening. It's a bit rubbish.
There's also lots of things I want to buy, but because I now live in an expensive flat, I can't buy stuff. I really kind of want a wooden watch, a bit like the one I have, but wood. There's a whole load of different types of wooden watches out there, and I can't decide which one I want, but one a bit like this:



Talking about time, I think it's kinda creepy that the clock in my old room at home has stopped working. Not just because it's battery has run out, but it's whilst I've left home. If you read the stories about old grandfather clocks stopping when it's owner dies and stuff like that, I feel like this is relevant haha. Noones died, but I left, and the poor thing has never had another owner. I am not personifying the clock, but what if it missed me too much hahahaha.

Oh, one good thing is that I have finished uni for summer now, so my only commitment is work! Doesn't even sound like a lot, and it isn't, but at the minute it's kinda taken over. I used to just go in, make a powerpoint, leave, but now it's a whole lot more than that. Sad.

And now I have to go back home, to tidy up, because the people delivering my bed on Wednesday clearly deliver beds to very upmarket residences, and to come to ours with this royal bed could look a little out of place. I'll have to fold away my camp bed too haha. So excited…


Jordanavia :)


No comments :

Post a Comment