Monday, 25 May 2015

Måns wins Eurovision!

Wow, what can I say, what an amazing Eurovision we've had this year. Actually, the standard hasn't been that good, but the run up (in Sweden) and the final in Vienna were excellent. And to top it all off, Måns won!



He's a bit of a hottie. He's not changed much in the time I've known him, and he's always been fairly good looking, and scrubs up well (above). He kind of reminds me of Matt Baker from Blue Peter, and from all accounts, he's a good guy too.

I'm not going to claim to be the biggest Måns Zelmerlöw fan in the world, because I'm not, and never was. BUT! I have known of him, and liked his music and TV presenting since I've known Ola, which I think was 2007…
Måns was in the same series of Swedish Idol with Ola, and was always seen as a friend to Ola, rather than an enemy, like Danny was considered to be, back in the daaaayyyyy.




So yes, very well done to Måns. I do believe that he had the best song in Eurovision this year. And even the best song in Melodifestivalen. The staging? Well the staging was projection mapping, which for me, seems fairly normal, because at work, we do that. That is something we can do ourselves. It is impressive, especially when it's interactive like with Heroes, but the wow factor wasn't there for me, because I've also seen it done well. But still, it was impressive, and clearly wowed Europe.





I'm very proud to have seen him win it live at Melodifestivalen, with the biggest score ever recorded, if I'm not mistaken. I was then even more proud to see him win the whole of Eurovision with it. How amazing. And not only was it just a song that broke through at Melodifestivalen, this is Måns Zelmerlöw, who I really have know for the last 7 or 8 years.
And whilst we're talking about Måns, it's Mons, for English speakers. I've always been one for the correct pronunciation of Swedish names, and Måns is no different to Ola! The å is an 'o' kind of sound, like a lowercase O sound. I don't even know how many times I'm about to hear 'Mans' this year…


Of course I am going to Eurovision next year! I really really hope I get tickets, and I did manage to get 3 for Malmö 2013, but I think it's going to be harder next year. Although, if it's held in Friends Arena in Stockholm, it might not be too bad, because that'll be about 40000 tickets, rather than just 10000 for Malmö Arena. It will be fantastic to be back in Sweden for the Eurovision final again. It was sooo much fun in 2013 with my two friends, I had a great time showing them Malmö. Then again, if next year's Eurovision is held in somewhere like Luleå or Örnsköldsvik, it might be a little bit more difficult to have such a good time, since there is not a whole lot to do up noooorth.


This blog post has turned into a Sweden nostalgia trip, since looking for those pictures of Ola and Måns together called for me to dig out my hard drive, to find the archive of Ola pictures I have stored on there. There are close to 1000 pictures on there of Ola through the years, from before I even knew him, right up to last year, or the year before. There are only a fraction of the number of pictures per year of Ola, than there used to be, since he used to run a blog on Glife, which was updated a few times a week by him, with pictures and everything. That unfortunately got shut down when he couldn't keep up with it anymore, but it was still the most Ola-picture-rich resource we as Olafamiljen had at the time. It was amazing. He's actually such a cutie, and I really miss him, and the great times we used to have on the ola.cd forums, talking to other fans about him on the English thread, despite being the only 'English' one on there. And then when Ola would come online to answer guestbook questions, and we used to bombard the guestbook with questions and comments, and he would occasionally reply to several of us, absolutely making our day.




Just a few from the archives haha. They're not too old, but from a time when I was most 'involved'.
If the opportunity ever arose, I would still totally meet him. I'd absolutely love to. It's been 8 years man! He has made me who I am today, and all I want is to give him a hug. I'm sure I've mentioned this previously, but I really don't want much haha.

Ola, min lilla skånska korv, jag saknar dig mer än du vet. Du gjorde mig vem jag är idag och jag har så väldigt mycket respekt till dig. Jag skulle göra vad som helst att ÄNTLIGEN träffa dig! Det här känns som jag är 14 igen, men känslan är detsamma jag tror. Vi är båda äldre och klokare och jag vet inte om du minns mig, men jag minns allt som du gjorde för mig när jag var yngre. Jag har redan sagt det, men 'aldrig förändras', för att du är bäst, och det finns många som tror detsamma, och dem är mina vänner fortfarande!

Wow that took a lot of time to remember. I can still speak a lot of Swedish but haven't done so for aaagges. I definitely want to apply to volunteer at Eurovision again this year, considering I think I am actually better at Swedish than I am at German, mainly because of syntax similarities. It's just easier.

Ok ok, this part was added afterwards, but we can't leave without mentioning Danny Saucedo. Danny was on hiatus for a little while, but now he's back! Back with a Swedish language song, Brinner i bröstet. It's quite upbeat? I'm not very good at describing songs, but if you listen to it yourself, you'll see what it's like, and I already have it downloaded.


Oh, oh, and Norlie & KKV. So sorry for all of these singers and bands coming up again at once, but this seems like prime music releasing time for them all. My boys Sonny and Kim (still love ya, Kim) have a new song, Ingen annan rör mig som du. It's very very good, and once again, in Swedish.


The reason I mention them though, is because they have a new single out on Friday, called Du får göra vad du vill med mig. And I only mention it because LOOK HOW GORGEOUS KIM IS. I will never get over him. Words can never describe how beautiful he is. I talk about a lot of boys but Kim really is the only one. He's the epitome of Swedishness, and all I admire in life. Carry on your fantastic life, Kim, I will see you at our wedding. This is getting weird…



Nostalgia over, welcome to the present.

This is the view from my bedroom. How fabulous is that?!

Our washing machine doesn't like soap powder…



Yay for school friends! It's so nice to still talk to all of my old friends from school, even though it's been 2 years since we left. Especially since I'll never be this close to anyone at uni. It comes with spending 5 days a week with these guys…


Immensely proud of this top.



Did some voting system work at the Baltic last Monday, at a relatively interesting symposium about food allergies in children.



And then I walked home. It was a beautiful.
I'm taking up running. I feel like it might be a great way to meet boys…





And and and, the most amazing day happened on Wednesday. My Premier Inn bed was delivered. It is the most amazing bed you'll ever sleep on, and I don't care who you are, you are not sharing mine. No but really, it is amazing to sleep on, and just so comfortable. In fact, the other day, I didn't go into work until 10am because I was too comfy to get up. So naturally, I gave everyone a snapchat of myself with my bed. I can't remember if this was the one I actually ended up sending, but it was a contender:








Oscar
 I've never really been very good at painting or drawing or anything, but recently, I thought I was. So I drew this little fox. I wanted it to be a bit abstract, and not a life drawing of a fox or something, but it turned out like this, and I have to say I'm fairly pleased with it. It now sits on my wall, and it definitely adds to the dynamic of my bedroom hahaha. Inspirational.

Click this to make it fullscreen. I promise it's worth it.






I miss the little Jaxon! I saw him this weekend, and he's so sweet. Next weekend though I'm at the cattery, just for a 'visit'…


Jesmond
I have to just throw this one in there…

Jordanavia :)


No comments :

Post a Comment