Monday, 8 June 2015

My own mind blows my own mind

Sweet sweeeeet wifi… I didn't know how much I missed it, but I think I did. After we finally got our line fixed from what was mistakenly plugged in as a fax machine, we're running! I'm a little bit scared of malicious telecommunications usage. You know, like how people tap phones and set up secret recordings, and make phones that are actually dead, ring… it's a little bit creepy. But here we are.

In all honesty, nothing exciting has happened.

Apart from that awful awful crash at Alton Towers. I've always been a little skeptical of the Smiler, and it's seemingly constant breakdowns. It never really filled me with confidence as a ride. Despite being brand new, the 'teething problems' carried on, and it's gotten to a point now where it's taken a serious crash for these safety flaws to be recognised. Of course, they haven't released their official report about this yet, but there are many speculations flying round. If it is down to negligence and human error, shame on Alton Towers. It just goes to show what being lax about safety results in. Going off the fact that Alton Towers have now admitted full liability for the incident, fingers are now pointed at the staff of Alton Towers, and suggests human error was to play in the crash. If it was in fact machine error, shame on Gerstlauer, the ride's manufacturer. Being a big manufacturer of roller coasters, their safety systems should be absolutely nailed down. Unfortunately, it would seem not. And to think it's cost a 17 her left leg for them to realise that there are potentially major issues with the operation of this ride in it's various modes, whichever it was in at the time. It really could have been anyone, since my two goes on the Smiler, and talking to others that have been too, has revealed that it really does break down a considerable amount. Also, unlike the rest of the bigger rides, you cannot join a separate queue to sit at the front. You simply sit where you are allocated. In which case, it's not anyone's decision to sit at the front or the back. This however, may have consequences when (if) it reopens, because I doubt everyone who is allocated the front row will want to sit there anymore, despite how unlikely it is for the accident to happen again. The fear is there, at least for now. I just hope Alton Towers can pick themselves up and move on. I will, however, be riding the Smiler again if it opens.

In less depressing news:

hi

Actually, in more depressing news, I've lost my headphones. This is such a first world problem, because I'm using a spare pair for now, but they do not compare to the quality of my good pair. Always a little bit gutted when I lose them.


I did go from looking like the above, to the below in about half an hour haha. How disgusting hahaha.



I like getting drunk:




However, I do not believe being drunk lead to the following actions:

When you go first class on a train, and you're a student, there should only be two words that come to mind. Free, and vodka. Yes ladies and gentlemen who have never travelled first class before, I was one of you until last week. It turns out, that if you travel first class on the train, you can expect to receive free vodka. Amazing. What a time to be alive. I had two of the mini bottles on the way to London, which isn't actually that much really, but when it's Absolut…

Turns out I left my phone in a taxi to the hotel. This sounds like a very drunken thing to do, I know, but I do not believe being drunk had much to do with this, I have my reasons, which mainly consist of my lack of pockets. Anyway, because when I'm not drunk I'm very sensible, I have Find My iPhone active, and so put it in lost mode. It did it's magic, but was still in the back of a taxi, as I watched it traverse South London. So I set off the alarm on it, to see if it would make someone sitting next to it realise that it was there. Turns out, someone did actually ring me to tell me they'd found it. Bless him. Justin had found my phone, and despite having two bottles of wine, promised to hang on to it until the morning when he would come and find me and return it. We actually chatted on the phone for about 10 minutes about London, Newcastle, and how amazing it was that I could make my phone do this when it was lost.
Next morning, as promised, I meet Justin and he returns my phone, still with battery and still in lost mode. I tried to offer him a monetary reward but he wouldn't take it. It totally showed me a different side of London, and the fact that not everyone is bad. Not everyone wants to steal your phone, and there are some people in this world who will actually return it to you the next morning. I know I am very very lucky to get my phone back, less than 24 hours after it goes missing. I don't know what the chances are, or if Justin hadn't have picked it up, who would have? Would I still have gotten it back? So thank you Justin, wherever you are, and I hope someone is as good to you as you were to me. And where would I actually be without Apple and their life-saving techniques of locking phones into lost mode.

This was London though. It was essentially a 40 metre projection screen. It looks amazing, and it really was huge.



Oh, and I doubt this has happened to any of you. If you're squeamish, probs don't read. I was opening my front door, and only have a cheapy little thin keyring to hold a tag only my two keys. I turned the key in the lock but let go by accident and pulled the keyring and other key instead, but because the key had bounced back round in the lock, it didn't unlock, and when I pulled the other key and the keyring, the keyring expanded and basically exploded in my hand, and my hand was pulled back towards the door, and the sharp end of the keyring stuck in my middle finger knuckle between the bones (or so I imagine). I basically punched a metal spike and I now have a puncture wound on my knuckle haha. I didn't realise how much it would actually hurt, and I feel as though I'm overreacting a little, but wow, that little hole in my finger really really hurts! I guess it went canny deep if it bled, and then hurts this bad haha.



Also now have some of these cute little cards. Look how grown up I am now with real business cards and everything. Contact me for all your presentation graphic design needs.

This cat was thrown in our car, so naturally I took a photo with it. What a cute.


I feel like this post has gone on a little bit about irrelevant things, and so now here's another. My dream! You're very welcome to skip past this part if you like, I'd totally understand.

How weird is it when a dream makes you feel actual feelings that you would when you were awake, yet you don't have to do anything, and there are no consequences.
My dream last night, in short, consisted of myself finding my way around a 'maze' type place in some kind of theme park / TV show, looking for this guy, who was actually the twin of another guy who was hiding in this maze. I'm kicking myself for not remembering their names, but I definitely know one was called Chris, and for ease, let's call the other one Matthew, because there is a high chance he was actually called Matthew. These two were twins and I totally fancied the 'Matthew twin', but couldn't at that stage distinguish between the two, so had to flirt with both of them as I found them in this maze haha. Long story short, Matthew became my boyfriend, and it was as we were walking through a department store, everyone was looking at us as we were holding hands, and it was in that moment I felt awesome. Everyone was looking at me and him, because we looked so good together, and that feeling of pride was just overwhelming. How very strange for a dream to give you such a strong feeling like that. Blows my mind. If every dream was as good as that one, I probably wouldn't want to ever wake up.


Talking of nice men, if you're name's Nick, you're in with a good shout. This Nick:



Is Nick Petricca. Can you believe it's not Danny?!




Nick Petricca is in a band called Walk The Moon, which I think is a fairly well established band. They have the best song in the world called Shut up and dance, and it's absolutely the song I have been waiting for my entire life, and if it comes on whilst I'm out daaaancing, I will absolutely lose my mind. But Nick has something about him, clearly matching up to what I see in Danny, because you can't deny they look similar. How strange that my mind can read these biometrics sub-consciously and decide whether or not they are attractive based on this fact, and the parameters pre-set as to how far apart their eyes need to be, and the distance between their smiling mouth and their ears, and the shape of their hairline, and how far down their face this goes etc… Everything seems to blow my mind these days haha, including this.


Watch this though. I think Nick's cool:


He's also very obviously just walked off the set of an 80's family drama movie.


Oh, oh, actually, the thing that is most intriguing about him is his dancing. Just watch those legs:





Jordanavia :)


No comments :

Post a Comment