Sunday, 27 March 2016

An attempt at life outside of university

Happy Easter!


I'm at the stage now where I feel as though I've neglected this blog post long enough for it to look intentional. I think from now on I'm only going to do these every month, or when something exciting happens. I definitely don't want to stop doing it, but at the same time, I never feel as though what I write about is exciting enough to read haha.

But in any case, for anyone who doesn't care, and just likes the pretty pictures, here's what's happened recently.

May I just point out before we start that last blog post I linked to my first vlog, which was a quick, fun little video with 10 facts about me. If nothing else, that video will actually really help one of my uni assignments this semester haha. I'd try and explain what the assignment is about but honestly I'm not really sure myself. It's labeled an e-portfolio, but it's all about my professional identity in the creative industries, but at the same time, it's got nothing to do with that, and I have to analyse pictures and quotes that have shaped who I am… it's beyond confusing and now at the stage where it's frustrating not knowing what is expected of me.

Anyway.


There it is if you want to watch it.



Fat Hippo for lunch

I'll let you see if you can guess this catchphrase genius



Spent Valentine's Day at the Sage. There was no 'Valentines' about it…


Fairly spectacular sunrise from my bedroom window

Yaaaaay, Jaxon!

Why won't you centre……… :'(


 Now this gets exciting…

Look how happy I am to have a bath hahahaha

Except this was no ordinary bath. I had an Intergalactic bath bomb from Lush. I'd seen videos of these on Instagram and so I got some for Christmas, and finally tried one out the other day. Wow. All I can say is that these have revolutionised baths for me hahaha.

They're fairly big

And then they just explode colour in the water. It was fascinating to watch, because the inside is coloured, and so for a short while there are swirls of colour, before the water turns sparkly blue.


The sparkly water

It's like bathing in glittery magic. I love these.

It didn't stop there, I also had a Frozen bath bomb from Lush.




This is a lighter blue, and it's the absolute 'Frozen' colour. This one is glittery too but not as much as the Intergalactic bath bomb.
Next up is the Experimenter! I just want to buy them all and use them all at once haha.

And now for some work. I've been busy around various parts of the country doing these for the last month. You may say I have a good job because I get to see lots of the UK, but actually all I get to see is the train station and lots and lots of venues hahaha.

Manchester

Leeds

Teesside

Leeds again

Newcastle

Durham

Newcastle

Absolutely love it when he's tired enough to sleep on my bed during the night haha

Everyone and their dog has done this…


Everyone has also done this one hahaha
We all know my slight obsession with hot chocolates, and this one is so good!
Hot chocolate on a stick goes so thick, it's just like drinking melted chocolate.

Also have a thing for pizza, and these little ones for lunch are cooked fresh in a pizza oven


Then on Friday we took a trip up to Glasgow, which involved an early 6:30am departure. It would have been much worse if the weather wasn't as good as it was. I love being able to tell when it's going to be a nice day when the sun rises like this.


Whilst in Glasgow we visited intu Braehead because it was about 5 minutes from where we were, and I have a north east love affair with the metrocentre, it's always interesting to see other intu buildings and how inferior they are to the metrocentre hahaha. Braehead is strange, because Soar is a completely different building to the main centre, but it's so oldskool Metroland inside.

Of course…


The drive up and back down was canny!


Lil fluff

It's hard to tell what's going on here, but Jaxon is enthralled in the football.
He's genuinely watching the ball and little wormies running on the screen hahaha.

Foot pictures ahead. I'm just warning you now…

I'm having a sort out…
I have a lot of pink for someone who doesn't wear pink haha

Practicing for graduation!

The standard gradient. I've done this so many times but love it every time.


So what the title of this post is about, is my dissertation. I don't think I've spent this amount of time and effort on all of my other assignments put together than I have on this dissertation. I've never been one for spending very long on assignments, and have done about 70% of my essays in a day, just because I can. This dissertation has already taken me about a week in total and I'm only half done. I am proud of having 40 pages so far without being finished yet though. I think I still have another 12 pages to do, which is exciting! I have about 20 days left to finish it though, and then it'll be done forever, and I'll never have to think about events in theme parks ever again!
Thanks to everyone who's completed my survey so far though, it's really helped. I have around 120 responses now, which is really good, because I was struggling for a little while on about 97, when I wanted 100. If you haven't done it yet and could spare 5 minutes to fill it out briefly, the link is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sCBoOE1PkIdqfb07jJkoMaE3B11FCI7Q3dO7ICKQBJg/viewform

Alton Towers has opened again though, and I am so excited to go! I never realised by I really do like roller coasters, and I've missed them in the winter! The Smiler is back open, and Air has changed to Galactica to reflect a new VR element. The Flume is no more, but the site is the new home for SW8 which is arriving next year. Such excitement.

Jordanavia :)



No comments :

Post a Comment