Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Winter coasters, new puppies and The 1975

Oh man oh man oh man, I am kind of starting this post in denial that it's been nearly 2 months since the last one. Not much has changed, so to speak, although I really have no excuse.
Since coming back from the holiday of dreams, I started going to work full time, and let me tell you, it eats away at you. If you have the option to delay working 40 hours a week, do it, seriously. Stay in at school, go to college, go to uni, do a gap year, don't spend your money on alcohol and other shit so you can take longer holidays. It's so worth it. So whilst not much has changed, this has been to the detriment of my life's excitement. I have a selection of photographs that I've been saving, and so let me share a few:


As I'm sure we're all aware, I have five cats and a favourite, and the favourite came round to stay at my house for the night, and it was so lovely to have a cat stay over hahahaha. I posted the photo below on Facebook with the caption 'at 22 this is not who I thought I'd be sharing a bed with', and although it was a sad realisation that having a 'cat over to stay' was exciting to me, it was also fab and I don't care haha.



He is totally the cutest though and did settle slightly, although he has a pretty loud yowl on him when he got lost.


He went home the next day, and it was a bit of a trial to find out what having a cat would be like at the flat. Whatever the outcome, he hasn't been back since, so take that as you will!

On the first trip to London, I took myself on a date to see the Lion King. I always see people by themselves at things like these, and feel slightly sorry for them, or wonder why they're alone. Turns out when I think about it, I do a lot of things alone, and I am that weird person I always feel sorry for haha. Again, I don't care. I wanted to see the Lion King and I did. Alone. I was actually in London for work by myself anyway, so it's not as though I even could have gone with someone else!
Back to the issue, I did like the show, but at the same time I didn't. I don't think I'm a fan of people playing the role of animals on stage, and being all two-legged. This was a while ago, but I'm sure there is a line in the show that talks about how disgraceful humans are as a species. So true.


I came back from London to an early Christmas party for a friend who's not in the country (or on land!) for Christmas this year. A Disney cruise ship has him working through to March, and so we needed to celebrate with Christmas dinner not only for this reason, but because we also totally missed this planned celebration last year in the previous flat. So this was either a really late celebration, or a slightly early one haha.




It was actually Bonfire night that night, and with our excellent view of Saltwell Park, we had our own private box for the fireworks haha.
I have to say we were slightly disappointed with the display, however this may be because we're so used to Disney World fireworks, and seemingly every other display is sub-par.



And here's some exciting news… we have a new puppy! No, she's not mine, but my mam and dad's. A Schnoodle called Penny. For those that don't know, a 'Schnoodle' is a Schnauzer x Poodle. Who knows if Penny really is Schnauzer x Poodle, or a mix of other crosses of dogs too. You look at pictures of other Schnoodles and she looks nothing like them.
But she's kind of cute and has become more 'dog' as she's gotten older. I'm still a fan of bigger dogs though, and prefer the kind that are taller than me when they stand up. Penny is definitely a designer lap dog.






I also got her a cute little tag from Etsy. I love handmade things like these, and the letters and pattern are hand-stamped into the tag.




So we take her to the beach and the woods and places. She's a terrible barker and anything that moves gets a bork bork bork. Heckin bamboozlin doggo.





On my second trip to London, I… didn't get to do anything exciting.



I really wanted to go to Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park but the times just didn't work out, and I was down with a team, which means organised meal times and late nights, early mornings. I had a terribly stressful time dealing with technical problems (not of which were actually my own) and just wanted to go back to the hotel room and cry multiple times. I guess I was just having an emotional few days anyway. Like, I really hope other people get that too haha. Sometimes I just want to cry over the stupidest of things. Like how much I love cheese, or my cat, or when I head about Walt Disney, or how I'm hungry, or have something important to do in 2 weeks time. Anyway, that week was particularly emotionally draining, and whilst I appeared to have received plenty of praise for my work, I'd still rather have not gone! I think I was also sad because I had wanted to go to Winter Wonderland, but not managed to.


Anyway, got back to find my favourite filter had returned.

And a spatchcock Penny


And then I had 33 snowmen to draw in client Christmas cards. This is the type of work I enjoy. Cute little drawings, and a trip out during office time to buy the pens. This is the level of excitement I have been reduced to.


Well, it kept me busy for a few days at least…


I just want to be this cat



And then, with the opportunity to take 3 days holiday before the new year, I took a Monday off, and had originally planned to go Christmas shopping. Although, I'd pretty much finished the Friday before, and so technically had a free day off to do nothing. I'd usually just use days like this to have a nice lie in and then sit around until it's time for bed again. But not this time…
I really really wanted to go to Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park, since I'd seen for weeks that the Olympia Looping coaster was going to be there. Now for those not interested in rollercoasters, you can pretty much skip this part, unless you'd like to learn very slightly more about the very strange world of these so called 'enthusiasts'. I'd like to not be included within this term, since they're all a little bit, train-spotter-esque for my liking, but I feel myself slipping further and further into this realm.
The Olympia Looping coaster (or as it's now known, the Munich Looping coaster) is basically the worlds largest travelling coaster, and sits on the back of a truck. It's named after the five loops on the track that look like the Olympic Rings. The track is 4101 ft long and it goes 52 mph, so it's not small. It's never been to the UK before but seemingly famous in the coaster world, and I've seen so many people making the journey to ride it.

So off I went. I decided to get the train there and back in a day to literally just spend a few hours in Hyde Park.






I have to say, it is a good ride. You'd honestly never know it was a travelling coaster. For those worried, it really is very stable and not rattle-y, and it doesn't feel like you're going to fly off the track. Being built in 1989, it is very slightly dated and tired, but aren't all rides?!
I would have gone on it several times, if it weren't for the price. At £9, it's a little pricey really, and I think I would have preferred an entrance fee and no ride fees, and I would have ridden them all. It was nice to have ridden a rollercoaster in the off season though! I miss them, and swear if I win the lottery I am going to build one in my garden… We came out of the second loop and it was cold and windy and my hands were numb and my cheeks were being stabbed with raindrops but I didn't care and wouldn't have had it any other way because I was loving it.






It was cold, and the rain was not pleasant, but I had a good time wandering around by myself (again haha) and went on the looping coaster and the drop tower, because I love a good drop tower. This one was particularly good, and I'd like to think so for £8! You got a good view of the City of London, since the ride spun (slowly!) 360°. I would have loved to have gotten a picture from the top, but at 85m up, I would not like to have been dropped, and for my phone to have stayed at the top like a cartoon haha.

So whilst I was that lonely person I usually feel sorry for again, I had a good time. I would definitely have preferred to have gone with someone though, although I had a lack of available friends haha. The amount of PDA couples was saddening and although London is always full of them, Winter Wonderland is definitely somewhere you go for a cute night with your bf, not by yourself like myself, cry cry.

I guess she's kind of cute…

Learning to wait


And just last week it was time for The 1975… again! As I seem to keep saying, it was the fifth time I've seen them live, including their T in the Park set in 2014. They're just a really amazing band, in my opinion. And I know not everyone agrees, which is fine, but I could literally go to their gigs every night.
This one was different to the rest of them, since it was at the Arena, and not the Academy. The academy is like, 3000 capacity, and the arena is 12000. So many more people there. I'm not sure if I'm so ok with there being so many people there. They deserve it, but if I were them it would terrify me to go from the smaller gigs to the arena gigs like this. Matty is just iconic though. He's such a diva and I love it. I love hearing that he grew up in Prudhoe, and I just think his outlook on life as a whole is admirable. I think if I were ever to meet him, I'd end up telling him I'm from Burnopfield, and he'd probably know where that was… He's almost an idol, although I have a feeling he'd hate to hear something like that…

Their gigs rarely change though. Having been to so many you can predict his trends, and sure enough, it seemed just like we were in the academy again. The song 'Me', he tends to 'remind' everyone to put away their phones and to experience the moment, rather than on a screen. I looked around and couldn't actually see a single person recording it, which was so nice. I'm convinced there was a part of that song though where he encourages you to get your phone and to light the place up, which is where this photo was taken:



That's why there are so many phones out. I think it was mainly for the 'lighter effect', rather than to record and take photos. 

Anyway, these are some pictures from the night:







So good. It was a welcome addition to have the screens there. I loved how they were in columns, to reflect the columns on stage. Mind, there's a job I wouldn't mind having - vision mixing for The 1975! I'd like to think what I'm currently doing puts me in good stead haha.


There's still nothing obviously attractive about him, yet he… is?

He looks like the frontman of a band too indy to even get involved with… oh wait.


On Sunday we blew our own baubles at the National Glass Centre in Sunderland. People always talk about doing this, and its always booked up when you think it would be a nice idea to go. Not this year! My mam was in there. It's a nerve-wracking experience if you don't like people watching you (like me), and you have to deal with hot molten glass and make sure it does what it's meant to and blow down that tube, all whilst your family watch you. But I guess it was fun, even though I look blind in those glasses hahahaha.




We pick the baubles up on Thursday, but I made a purple and white one, so I will post it here in the next post!

New wallpaper? I like it…


There is a 100% chance I will not do another post before Christmas so I hope everyone has an enjoyable time off work / school / whatever and has nice food (priorities) and spends it with friends or family.


Ps. Also, if you're stuck for Christmas presents, buy my book and I'll sign it for you haha. Don't know why I haven't thought of this before now, but a royalties email has just reminded me! (FYI available worldwide!)



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment